Travis

Re: New Single: Something Anything
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
its pretty good quality cause its on the i player, any smarty pants outthere no how to rip it, ive listined to it about 20 times already

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
What are people going to buy? The bundle is £4. If you buy CD and Vinyl seperately, it comes to £2.98 if i remember correctly. All you miss is the digital download which is pointless as it only contains the CD b-sides anyway. It's only 1 pound but thought it was weird, AND the release date is surely wrong? Seperately it has the right date.

milos
milos Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
I think it's in pretty good quality only for UK listeners. For everyone else it's a low-quality stream. So if anyone from UK can record it, that would be nice.. :)

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
What are people going to buy? The bundle is £4. If you buy CD and Vinyl seperately, it comes to £2.98 if i remember correctly. All you miss is the digital download which is pointless as it only contains the CD b-sides anyway. It's only 1 pound but thought it was weird, AND the release date is surely wrong? Seperately it has the right date.

I might buy the bundle, but I wouldn't be able to do anything with the vinyl record because I don't personally own a player and its high maintenance bringing that around... I definitely won't be getting the digital version, itunes sucks quality out of the sound too much =/

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
Just got played on XFM the DJ was raving about how good it was,

I dont really see the point in the bundle unless theres some sort of free gift or summit like they somtimes do

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I noticed about the date too so I'm assuming that the proper date is the 15th Sept then?!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
milos wrote:
Found it! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/ Click on "listen again" tuesday and then scroll to 01:38:00! :) The quality isn't great, but it's OK.

Milos thank you so much for this - it's given me the chance to have my first listen of the single (I didn't hear it live back in feb) I absolutely LOVE it!! It's real foot-tapping stuff.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Just got played on XFM the DJ was raving about how good it was,

I dont really see the point in the bundle unless theres some sort of free gift or summit like they somtimes do

Great news! Hopefully it gets played often and people like it! I hope i'm wrong but i can't see it being a great single charter but it's the sort of song that should hopefully appeal to people who might think "oh, i'll check out the album". Know what i mean? Because I don't buy singles but it's the sort of song that would interest me in the band.

I'm going to wait and see before ordering it. They seemed to change it as time went on with J Smith with them being signed, and then some signed etc. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I noticed about the date too so I'm assuming that the proper date is the 15th Sept then?!

I assume so. :) They got the date correct if you look at the seperate orders.

mili
mili Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I bought the bundle because of the date. It says "3 Formats for £4 - Release Date: 29/08/2008" in the order confirmation, too. I'll be pretty miffed if that's not correct. Maybe that's the goody of the bundle.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
mili wrote:
I bought the bundle because of the date. It says "3 Formats for £4 - Release Date: 29/08/2008" in the order confirmation, too. I'll be pretty miffed if that's not correct. Maybe that's the goody of the bundle.

AHHH! The 8th month! I was getting confused. I was thinking it said 29/09/2008!

Ordering! Haha.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Yeah, I did a double take on it too at first thinking they'd got confused with the album but then I realised it was August!!

mili
mili Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
Thanks for the radio link, I've repeated it now several times. It beats the new Keane hands down!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Thanks for the radio link, I've repeated it now several times. It beats the new Keane hands down!

Agree. Disappointed with the new Keane song unfortunately. This is so much better! :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Oh my, thanks for posting, Milos!! :oD
I so LOVE it!! Totally suits as a single, very catchy, I like alot :oD. And now I can understand the reason of the whole 10ft tall Andy and guitar thing on the video, can't wait to see it!!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:08 AM