Travis

Re: Latvia Blog
Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Hahaha, I loved the comment about the screaming xD.

Me too :)

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:07 PM Quote
I just came back home from Latvia, and at the moment I am unable to write down my thoughts and feeling about the gig simply because it still seems so unreal. I cannot believe that I saw Travis live. I was sitting on the train listening to Travis and thinking about Friday night, so one minute I was smiling foolishly and the next I was bursting into tears. It was my first time seeing them live, and it will NOT be the last!

I'll just say one thing before I go to bed (workworkwork tomorrow...). Ahem. I am the extremely proud and lucky new owner of Mr. Dougie Payne's pick/plec/plectrum (or whatever the word is in English)!!!! :D

Until tomorrow, then. Oh, Eledh, hi! Now I know who you are! :)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:59 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:
daytimeoyster wrote:

BTW you are the first and only band that can make me cry

Same here.
Really.

oh, yes indeed. slide show, i felt the tears coming but i refused to cry but afterwards when i told my mother about the gig HERE THEY COME! uh

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 11:05 AM Quote
Jennny wrote:
Eledh wrote:
daytimeoyster wrote:

BTW you are the first and only band that can make me cry

Same here.
Really.

oh, yes indeed. slide show, i felt the tears coming but i refused to cry but afterwards when i told my mother about the gig HERE THEY COME! uh

Oh yes... Or when you hear one song that you're not ready to hear... And it's so beautiful and so overwhelming that... You just can't stop crying.
It happends to me a lot with indefinitely lately.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
WEHEY! Came back home from Latvia last night. I don't think i'm ready to write about the gig and all my feelings yet (still a bit (a lot) confused!) but while i try to pull my self together here's the setlist (not in any kind of order) correct me if i'm wrong :)

Something Anything
Writing To Reach You
Selfish Jean
Side
Closer
Eyes Wide Open
Sing
Pipe Dreams
As You Are
Driftwood
The Beautiful Occupation
Love Will Come Through
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Slide Show
J. Smith
Long Way Down (?)
Song To Self
Turn
Flowers In The Window
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

And about the screaming must say that my throat is killing me :D It felt absolutely horrible even a few days before friday and so i tried to drink some water during the songs but boy i nearly lost my voice while singing along. And that led to me not wearing earplugs even when i was exactly in front of the speakers(öh?) because then i heard also my own voice and it sounded so TERRIBLE! haha :D

I kept my place in the front row to hear/see manics too. I jumped and sang along and i bet they would have been amazing in some other time but who can concentrate on Manic Street Preachers when they've just seen travis live?

And i btw. managed to film 'the beatles gig screaming for claes' :D hahaa, must say fran too has a somewhat piercing scream! I have actually lots of pics and a few videos but the quality is quite terrible but i'll try to put them on the tour archive as soon as i can :)

BOY THEY WEREARE AMAZING!

edit: hope that fran's finger is alright, just looked at the pic of him looking more or less in pain :D

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:24 PM Quote
Jennny wrote:
here's the setlist (not in any kind of order) correct me if i'm wrong :)

Something Anything
Writing To Reach You
Selfish Jean
Side
Closer
Eyes Wide Open
Sing
Pipe Dreams
As You Are
Driftwood
The Beautiful Occupation
Love Will Come Through
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Slide Show
J. Smith
Long Way Down (?)
Song To Self
Turn
Flowers In The Window
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

I think you forget Chinese Blues, but it seems to be correct anyway... The order should be this:

Chinese Blues
Pipe Dreams
Writing To Reach You
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
The Beautiful Occupation
Side
Love Will Come Through
Closer
Sing
J. Smith
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Song To Self
As You Are
Driftwood
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn

ENCORE:
Flowers In The Window
Slideshow
WDIAROM

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
Forgot to mention me accidentally seeing the band (or at least fran) arriving to the festival place in a car! Shit, i just froze. I was maybe 5-10 meters distance and saw fran there!! We we're supposed to go and take a better look of the festival area and my friend was doing something that i had to hold her hoodie. I just sank my face in it and panicked! She was just laughing at me 'cause she belongs to those people who can stay calm in almost any situation and can't or maybe don't want to understand me loving a band that much (but i can tell she was as well was carried away when i looked at her after the gig! She got one of Dougie's plecs(?) like Juuli :)). But anyway then i hurried back to tell my sister keeping our places in front of the stage :D

And during the 'I'm From Barcelona'(who were amazing too, heja sverige!) there was Dougie listening on the back of the stage, i lost my mind once again :D He seemed to like it, all those balloons and so :)

I've never wrote diary or so but must admit that this time sitting in a car driving from helsinki to jyväskylä i took out the little notebook i had and started writing. I'm not much of a writer but scribbled all six pages before falling asleep listening slide show (:

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:

I think you forget Chinese Blues, but it seems to be correct anyway... The order should be this:

Chinese Blues
Pipe Dreams
Writing To Reach You
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
The Beautiful Occupation
Side
Love Will Come Through
Closer
Sing
J. Smith
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Song To Self
As You Are
Driftwood
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn

ENCORE:
Flowers In The Window
Slideshow
WDIAROM

Ah alright, thanks :)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 2:04 PM Quote
Nääh, i only now noticed that i'm able to upload only ten photos and add to this that i somehow managed to get that one unwanted pic uploaded twice.. Well, i'll ask juuli to upload some more. Lovely those other pics by the way!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
Oh what a night it was! Only now that i'm back home again i'm slowly beginning to understand that it all really was real and, like Jenny and Juuli said, the emotions swing from one end to the other. I think i won't be able to stop smiling for a quite a long time though :)

It was so great to see all that i've only got to read from other people's reviews: the cool and hip swaying Dougie, Andy crowd-surfing, Fran talking about this and that, the stanjo, the vibe in the audience, people pogoing and singing along (btw, the crowd was really good: everybody kept singing along and even got praised by Fran for clapping perfectly in time :) )

The setlist was excellent - songs from all the albums plus new ones. The new songs are really rocky! Although due to all the excitement they are a bit blurry for me now, I did like them a lot (especially Song To Self) and just can't wait for the album :)

Oh, and i'm proud to announce that one person has been 'converted' - my friend was really sceptical about Travis before the show saying that they're 'very depressive and overly emotional' (ahem). However, already during the show i noticed she recognised many songs, had a really good time and afterwards she kept asking me where she could find the 'rock song' (=AIWTDIR). So there! :D

A massive thank you to you, Fran, Andy, Neil, Dougie, and Claes, for coming to this festival! It was a great show and everybody had a good time. Now that you know where we are (and have strong thighs for the journey ;) ) please do visit the Baltic states again (maybe Estonia next time?;) ).

Thank you!
Evelyn

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Oh what a night it was! Only now that i'm back home again i'm slowly beginning to understand that it all really was real and, like Jenny and Juuli said, the emotions swing from one end to the other. I think i won't be able to stop smiling for a quite a long time though :)

It was so great to see all that i've only got to read from other people's reviews: the cool and hip swaying Dougie, Andy crowd-surfing, Fran talking about this and that, the stanjo, the vibe in the audience, people pogoing and singing along (btw, the crowd was really good: everybody kept singing along and even got praised by Fran for clapping perfectly in time :) )

The setlist was excellent - songs from all the albums plus new ones. The new songs are really rocky! Although due to all the excitement they are a bit blurry for me now, I did like them a lot (especially Song To Self) and just can't wait for the album :)

My thoughts exactly! I've been smiling all day and I called my friend and explained to her every little detail about the gig, and she was so happy for me because she knows how important Travis are to me.

The new songs sounded amazing, and my personal favourite was Song To Self. I was in awe of how brilliant that song was!

I'll post some pictures later, and Jenny is going to post a link to that Beatles & screaming video we shot during the gig. It's great :)

Evelyn, where were you standing btw.? We were standing "in between" Dougie and Fran - a fantastic spot :D

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Just read it and awww bless him!! he sounded soo happyy (:

I loooove Manics!!! mustve been an awesome line-up with them playing afer Travis!!!

ahahhaah i agree to the general idea of more hysteria at concerts and will be part of it ;)

x

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Aww, it sounds like such a good night. I'm excited for all you who were there :)

sandra9747
sandra9747 Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Great concert. Thanks Travis! :)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
I know this is a bit silly way of sharing a video but it was the easiest way for me so here it is http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=Driftwood&image_id=86005189 just click the picture and it'll start. The quality is bad but the sound is in fact better than what i thought it would be :D ah, all that screaming!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:06 AM