Travis

Re: Method of Release
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Jennny wrote:

The only change suggestion that comes in my mind is the package, a cardboard package is what would make me, personally, happy. You know what i mean, those 'Damien Rice' made from recycled material cd covers for example :)

Yes I'd like a CD case like that. The last 3 CD's I've bought haven't been made from the usual plastic cases. I think they're going out. Which is a relief, they always break.

Kind of like the way Coldplay's new Viva La Vida album has been packaged? I really like it! You don't have to deal with the plastic breaking and there's also room to insert two booklets inside the front and back covers.

I'd be really cool is Travis did this with "Ode"...kinda gives it that old school feel too, like you're opening a record and not a plastic CD case.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Jennny wrote:

The only change suggestion that comes in my mind is the package, a cardboard package is what would make me, personally, happy. You know what i mean, those 'Damien Rice' made from recycled material cd covers for example :)

Yes I'd like a CD case like that. The last 3 CD's I've bought haven't been made from the usual plastic cases. I think they're going out. Which is a relief, they always break.

Kind of like the way Coldplay's new Viva La Vida album has been packaged? I really like it! You don't have to deal with the plastic breaking and there's also room to insert two booklets inside the front and back covers.

I'd be really cool is Travis did this with "Ode"...kinda gives it that old school feel too, like you're opening a record and not a plastic CD case.

Yup, like Viva La Vida! Damien's 'O' is actually quite similar but with that the cd drops out somewhat easily but Coldplay has that extra pocket for the cd so that won't happen. Oh, soo handy! :D

yonan
yonan Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Oh dear, you've just reminded me of how much I HATE those round-cornered, new style, patently, ridiculously, hideously, grotesquely stupid new CD cases which are used for 'special releases' (special for no reason at all except for the sticker on the front telling you that they're special).

i think they're Universal Music releases only, so no need to fear for Travis :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
yonan wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Oh dear, you've just reminded me of how much I HATE those round-cornered, new style, patently, ridiculously, hideously, grotesquely stupid new CD cases which are used for 'special releases' (special for no reason at all except for the sticker on the front telling you that they're special).

i think they're Universal Music releases only, so no need to fear for Travis :)

Hmm, I've never seen these...will look for them next time I'm at a music store.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 12:37 PM