Travis

Re: Who's in love?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
I'm in love and hopefully getting married this August!!! Woohhohooo!!!

Ooooo!! Did you guys finally sort out what you're going to do??

Yes, I was wondering about this, but didn't want to pry.

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
happy_me wrote:
who with?

Sara.

me too, but not lesbian though lol

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
I am!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
I'm in love and hopefully getting married this August!!! Woohhohooo!!!

Ooooo!! Did you guys finally sort out what you're going to do??

Yes, I was wondering about this, but didn't want to pry.

Teehee!! Well, after a lot of pondering and going to look at various register offices in the area.....we still couldn't decide! We were just about to give up on the whole idea when we remembered the registry office in the town where we "courted!" is one of the nicest ones we've ever seen, lovely old Georgian building set in a park. So we decided on getting married there (West Bridgford in Nottingham) as the town holds lots of lovely memories for us! However, we still haven't been able to book a date as we have a hell of a lot going on at the moment so if we're a bit more patient and can wait for some other things to sort themselves out, we will hopefully be able to get a date in August. I still don't have a dress, can't find anything I like but am thinking about wearing my nan's vintage wedding dress from the 40's!!
It'll be a very small wedding, just family really, and hopefully a nice cake!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Teehee!! Well, after a lot of pondering and going to look at various register offices in the area.....we still couldn't decide! We were just about to give up on the whole idea when we remembered the registry office in the town where we "courted!" is one of the nicest ones we've ever seen, lovely old Georgian building set in a park. So we decided on getting married there (West Bridgford in Nottingham) as the town holds lots of lovely memories for us! However, we still haven't been able to book a date as we have a hell of a lot going on at the moment so if we're a bit more patient and can wait for some other things to sort themselves out, we will hopefully be able to get a date in August. I still don't have a dress, can't find anything I like but am thinking about wearing my nan's vintage wedding dress from the 40's!!
It'll be a very small wedding, just family really, and hopefully a nice cake!!

Sounds lovely! Do you think you'll make a wooly wedding cake? LOL

Your nan's wedding dress...that would be so cool.

I had a friend who got her dress off of Ebay for $100. It was made new and mailed from China in an 8x12 envelope. She steam cleaned it and it was perfect!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I did actually find the pattern for a crocheted wedding cake but it's far too flowery for my liking and would take about 10yrs to make!!
http://www.berroco.com/images/exclusives/am/buttercream/buttercream_lg.jpg

weirdmom wrote:

I had a friend who got her dress off of Ebay for $100. It was made new and mailed from China in an 8x12 envelope. She steam cleaned it and it was perfect!

That is sooo cool!! I wish I was brave enough to order a dress from the web but I'd be scared I wouldn't like it when it turned up!!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
That's so sweet, you're getting married! Congratulations! =o) And it's really cool that you've already thought about a wooly wedding cake, haha!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Hey, Laura, here are two web sites you might enjoy.

http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com
http://whatnottoknit.wordpress.com

In your spare time, could you please make me one of these in red? It's soooo She-Devil!
http://whatnottocrochet.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/moto_de_croche.jpg?w=468&h=351

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I think you just need to ask him to do something one-on-one.

Yeah, but that's scary hehe. I am going with him and three other friends to see Battles this thursday, maybe I should take it from there...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I did actually find the pattern for a crocheted wedding cake but it's far too flowery for my liking and would take about 10yrs to make!!
http://www.berroco.com/images/exclusives/am/buttercream/buttercream_lg.jpg

weirdmom wrote:

That is sooo cool!! I wish I was brave enough to order a dress from the web but I'd be scared I wouldn't like it when it turned up!!

That cake is actually quite pretty but yes, I imagine it would take an insane amount of time. Perhaps you can make a wedding cupcake instead.

Her now husband thought she was insane but she figured $100 wasn't such a huge amount to risk. If it worked, huge savings. If it didn't, it was only $100. Of course she did pay a bit more for small alterations and steaming out the wrinkles so maybe total it was $300.

If you're thinking August though you don't really have time to see if that would work for you.

Do you have an idea of what you like? I am guessing more vintage since you're considering your nan's dress?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
In your spare time, could you please make me one of these in red? It's soooo She-Devil!
http://whatnottocrochet.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/moto_de_croche.jpg?w=468&h=351

This is hilarious.

Re: FAO Megg, Juli, Kayte (et al)
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
lol you girls are great!

number two stats: his name is Mark. he does sound but also plays in a band! (looked sooo cute playin' bass on stage yesterday at a different location) he is 26. he's asian...japanese. actually heard him speak it and he sounded adorable! haha pretty nice guy. he knows who i am sorta.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Yeah, but that's scary hehe. I am going with him and three other friends to see Battles this thursday, maybe I should take it from there...

I think you should. Why not take a little risk?

ozan
ozan Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
me =)

Re: FAO Megg, Juli, Kayte (et al)
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
lol you girls are great!

number two stats: his name is Mark. he does sound but also plays in a band! (looked sooo cute playin' bass on stage yesterday at a different location) he is 26. he's asian...japanese. actually heard him speak it and he sounded adorable! haha pretty nice guy. he knows who i am sorta.

Is this Nikki's post?? Or did this get mixed up with someone else's?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:59 PM