Travis

Re: Get Up
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 2:24 AM Quote
Thank you Erika!!! :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 2:39 AM Quote
We've all heard J Smith. I LOVE it of course. Still unsure about Get Up. They've taken out the best bit- the start! Before the music kicked in... mmm. I just find it repetitive. And for me, its not rough enough. Not quick enough. Not loud enough. Sarah is better though. Really great piano work. Hopefully we'll get more piano based songs in the future. Opinions based on one listen. I look forward to a lot more, starting now! :) Hopefully Get Up will grow on me. But like people may or may not know, I've already said that for me there are at least 9 tracks that are better on the album anyway. The others are much better. But that's just my opinion. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
I sound a bit harsh on Get Up reading that back. It is a cool song for sure. I just think it could have been better. Also it's nothing compared to something like Long Way Down, Quite Free, Song To Self and Chinese Blues, Before You... (nearly all the album)

heich
heich Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:25 AM Quote
get up is my least favorite from all the rest of the album tracks, despite of that i liked it a lot, so i guess its a good sign

sarah...i dont know, its good but it lasts toooooo long, maybe one minute shorter or so would have been better

joemono
joemono Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
Did you guys get an email saying it was available to download? The only notification I've gotten so far was that the 10" has been mailed out.

Thanks for any info!

joemono
joemono Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
Oops, found the link in my original order confirmation email. New songs here I come!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
Ooooo. I'm totally digging "Get Up"!!! I'm listening to it for the first time right now. The beat is awesome and I can tell it's gonna be a really fun song to do live! I love the vocals...so rock n roll!! There is one point in the song where Fran whispers "you gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up" and then he sorta goes from a whisper to a scream and goes "you just gotta, you GOTTA!" Ahhh! It's so cool!!!! YaY! I'm so happy. I can't wait for this album!!!!

Seems like some of you that have heard all the album tracks live are saying "Get Up" is one of your least favorites. If that's the case, then I'm REALLY excited about what's to come...because I think it's great!

Listening to "Sarah" now...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:44 AM Quote
Ohh! Thanks everyone for your reviews!!!
This sounds so great!!! :oD

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:49 AM Quote
I love the 'just which way to go' bit. :)

On my 10th listen and it is much better. I still think it could be a little quicker and rougher and maybe its a tad repetitive but I always had these issues with it anyway. More I listen to Sarah the more I love it. Parts of it make Fran's voice absolutely incredible. The lower bits I think. Wow. :)

Can't wait for the new album!!! I enjoy Get Up and I was a little concerned that I wouldn't.

And Sarah came out of nowhere, who knows how far they are into writing album 7. They've been off for months. Lots of writing time. How exciting! :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:52 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I love the 'just which way to go' bit. :)

On my 10th listen and it is much better. I still think it could be a little quicker and rougher and maybe its a tad repetitive but I always had these issues with it anyway. More I listen to Sarah the more I love it. Parts of it make Fran's voice absolutely incredible. The lower bits I think. Wow. :)

Can't wait for the new album!!! I enjoy Get Up and I was a little concerned that I wouldn't.

And Sarah came out of nowhere, who knows how far they are into writing album 7. They've been off for months. Lots of writing time. How exciting! :)

Oohh! I LOVE Fran's lower voice. He's such an amazing singer :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:57 AM Quote
Actually, Sarah is really beautiful. Fran? You reading? Its really great!!! Put it on album 7... ;)

Seriously, I think its really beautiful. I love it. One of my favourite b sides. Get Up here is a b side. No reason why Sarah can't turn up on album 7. It deserves to be I think.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Thank you Erika!!! :o)

cheers!!

had you downloaded the songs??
if not, PM me and I'll send you :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 4:10 AM Quote
Wow..."Sarah" is beautiful. The piano sounds like one of those music boxes you have when your're a little girl. I love how the lyrics clash with the sweetness of the piano and acoustic guitar...talking about this girl who is lost.

Isn't it crazy that this is a B-Side? God...they are so good.

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 4:10 AM Quote

Get up is fu**** amazing! really! :)

love the songs! Sarah is beautiful ...

thanks mr Healy!

1922 Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 4:10 AM Quote
Sarah...great song,liked it right from the start. Sounds like it may just be Fran and Claes though playing on this record???

Get Up...starting to grow on me after third listen.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:55 AM