Travis

Edinburgh MoonWalk 2008
caz b
caz b Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 10:47 AM Quote
I did it! 26.2 miles in just over 7 hours.It was cooler than when I did the half moon last year but the rain stayed off all night. There is something amazing about 12000 women and men pounding the streets of Edinburgh in their bras! Leaving from a massive pink tent in the Meadows, you begin the steep climb of Arthurs seat quite soon but the views are fab and many of the cities landmark buildings including the Castle had been lit up pink for the ocassion.
The support from people as you walk is great and really keeps the spirits up.
I started to tire at about 14 miles as we headed along the coastline by the firth of Forth. My walking buddy already had her ipod on and stuck it in my ear -FITW was playing, so I put mine on-Good Feeling CD first, visualing the gigs last year gave me the boost that I needed. Seeing the sun rise up over the river as we headed towards Leith and along the beach at Portobello was stunning.
Crossing the finishing line was an emotional experience. We travelled home on the train with other friends sharing experiences and comparing aches!
Forgot to mention, like last year- my bra was Travis themed! check it out here www.justgiving.com/winewoman

The Edinburgh MoonWalk raises money for breast cancer charities. There are events across the UK and abroad www.walkthewalk.org

Re: Edinburgh MoonWalk 2008
spid
spid Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
hey, really wel done. A marathon effort! I applaud you.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:46 PM