Travis

The Happening
steeler62
steeler62 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 7:15 AM Quote
I have seen the movie twice and I love it. The acting is so so but shyamalan still knows how to make a film and even lady in the water was a underated good film that film reviewers chewed up. I'm getting tired of film reviewers and their crappy grades. The Happening was a awsome film with a message that everyone should know about. It bothers me people say shyamalan still has the magic. What do other people think about the film? And if you havent go and see it!

Re: The Happening
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 9:47 AM Quote
lol no way. don't get me wrong...i've stood by all the shyamalan bashing but this was total crap. i will say this good for him on saving production costs. if looked at as a comedy then it works because i laughed my head off at the acting. it was all so bogus to me. i get his 'message' though...could have done with a public service announcement but uh what do i know ya know? glad you liked it. i'm sure i'll go see his next film in any case. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Hey! Think I've seen all his films. Sixth Sense- brilliant, 5 stars. Unbreakable- brilliant, 5 stars. Signs- brilliant, 5 stars. The Village- disappointing, 3 stars. Lady In The Water- very disappointing, 2 stars.

Not seen this yet. It's got poor reviews but I like the guy so I'll probably see this soon. Looks good on the trailers. The reviews in general say its a great idea, directed brilliantly but it has poor acting and the writing is poor. He needs to employ some writers to help him with his great ideas.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 1:08 PM Quote
Have't seen this one yet, but of all the Shyamalan's films I only found Sixth Sense a great one. Signs were disappointing. The Village was simply terrible and left me wondering "WTF was that?!".

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Hi five Megg, other than the sixth sense, his films have been a crock of shit! One trick pony pedalling the the same "oooh look at the twist ending" to death.

Interesting fact though, he wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little, which is an excellent movie.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
His movies are not for the monster movie crowd , it's no Cloverfield. I 've liked em all , I liked the Happening . My only complaint with him is the stiffness some of the actors ,especially his cameos. His movies are not for everyone . the Happening is getting trashed by the same people , critics , who go ape shit for Alfred Hitchcock . If Hitchcock were making movies for todays audience he'd be trashed

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Hi five Megg, other than the sixth sense, his films have been a crock of shit!

Word.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
His movies are not for the monster movie crowd , it's no Cloverfield. I 've liked em all , I liked the Happening . My only complaint with him is the stiffness some of the actors ,especially his cameos. His movies are not for everyone . the Happening is getting trashed by the same people , critics , who go ape shit for Alfred Hitchcock . If Hitchcock were making movies for todays audience he'd be trashed

Agree. I think his films are good. Like I say, I've been disappointed with his last couple, not counting The Happening, I'll see it soon, but the others are enjoyable. With the amount of poor reviews he gets and hate he gets, you'd think his films had terrible scores on imdb but there must be plenty of people who like his films to give them ok scores.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Moray wrote:
Hi five Megg, other than the sixth sense, his films have been a crock of shit!

Word.

HAH ! you speled WERD wroung !

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
I blame the publicist for the films movie trailers. They go out to make it that the movies see like they are the monster film with death when Shyamalan always is great at leaving your mind to create whats going on. And also how spiritual the films always are. There is always a hidden message and a twiste. I still enjoyed the film and I will see it again.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:27 AM