Travis

Re: Glass Onion EP - CD
jaybee
jaybee Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
spid wrote:

Hmmm, how to win friends and influence people!

You assume it is someone on this board - you assume they are both from this board and yet on this thread we have been saying how it was out of our reach and weren't bidding. Do you have proof before you sling accusations about? I personally feel affronted as I haven't bid, can't afford to and now wouldn't even if i could.

I'm really tempted to video myself setting fire to it ;) - had I known it would cause this much hassle to sell a CD on Ebay I'd have left it gathering dust.

If any moderator would like to remove this thread and my registration - please feel free.

Melted Glass Onion EP anyone....? :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
It's OK, you don't have to stay much longer!

If you could sound slightly more grateful about the fact that you're getting £120 at least, that might make people happier too :)

jaybee
jaybee Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

If you could sound slightly more grateful about the fact that you're getting £120 at least, that might make people happier too :)

:)

Point taken..! Seriously though I am dead chuffed and I hope it goes to a good home. I've been selling the odd thing on Ebay since 2001 and only once before had one single bid retraction so to get two in 24hrs was a bit much to take!!

I thought my listing made it pretty obvious this was a serious auction but as they say in Yorkshire "there's now't as queer as folk".. :)

Jaybee

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
jaybee wrote:

Point taken..! Seriously though I am dead chuffed and I hope it goes to a good home. I've been selling the odd thing on Ebay since 2001 and only once before had one single bid retraction so to get two in 24hrs was a bit much to take!!

I thought my listing made it pretty obvious this was a serious auction but as they say in Yorkshire "there's now't as queer as folk".. :)

Jaybee

Just feck off now will you eh?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
jaybee wrote:

Jaybee

Just feck off now will you eh?

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
Woah, I'm surprised at what's been going on in this thread lol. In all seriousness though there's no point in fighting over it. Jaybee, it wasn't fair of you to assume it was a boardie, as much as I'd have loved the EP even the starting bid, £50 was out of my reach, being a student and all but I knew I could have never afforded it anyways, I was just hoping it'd go to someone who'd appriciate it lol. But yeah ebay is a big place, there's no proof that it was a boardie, there's thousands of people that bid on rare items and so on so that they hope to sell them on for a big profit. I suppose the only way we could prove it was a boardie is to get their name or ID or whatever it's called on ebay and then tell us on here but you should have never gone accusing the board when we've all said how out of our reach it is, even the collectors on here! I consider myself a collector but unfortunately I haven't got a "stash of collector buying cash" for collectables that expensive and rare lol.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 1:20 AM Quote
jaybee wrote:

I'm really tempted to video myself setting fire to it ;) - had I known it would cause this much hassle to sell a CD on Ebay I'd have left it gathering dust.

If any moderator would like to remove this thread and my registration - please feel free.

Melted Glass Onion EP anyone....? :)

Is such arrogance needed... ever?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
Woah, I'm surprised at what's been going on in this thread lol. In all seriousness though there's no point in fighting over it. Jaybee, it wasn't fair of you to assume it was a boardie, as much as I'd have loved the EP even the starting bid, £50 was out of my reach, being a student and all but I knew I could have never afforded it anyways, I was just hoping it'd go to someone who'd appriciate it lol. But yeah ebay is a big place, there's no proof that it was a boardie, there's thousands of people that bid on rare items and so on so that they hope to sell them on for a big profit. I suppose the only way we could prove it was a boardie is to get their name or ID or whatever it's called on ebay and then tell us on here but you should have never gone accusing the board when we've all said how out of our reach it is, even the collectors on here! I consider myself a collector but unfortunately I haven't got a "stash of collector buying cash" for collectables that expensive and rare lol.

Well said : )

Yeah- i'm sure record collectors search for particular records all the time, and since this is a pretty special item, it was bound to be found by some collectors- so don't assume it's one of us, jaybee

When you assume it makes an ass out of u and me ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:48 PM