Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:42 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
My brother has just told me that it's not allowed to enter any kind of food by post to Chile ):

I guess you'll have to consider me off ):!!!!

*criesandgoesforacookie*

This is terrible news!!!!! I would send you a cookie to cheer you up, but, you know....

I just looked on the US Postal web page to see what it says and for Chile it says this is prohibited:

Beverages and foodstuffs containing saccharine and similar substances.

Oh no....my cookie buddy! Isn't that just an artifical sweetener? Oh well, I suppose Meredith and I can send each other cookies? Haha...any uniquely Utah(ian?) cookies? I can't think of any for CA.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
My brother has just told me that it's not allowed to enter any kind of food by post to Chile ):

*criesandgoesforacookie*

This is terrible news!!!!! I would send you a cookie to cheer you up, but, you know....

I just looked on the US Postal web page to see what it says and for Chile it says this is prohibited:

Oh no....my cookie buddy! Isn't that just an artifical sweetener? Oh well, I suppose Meredith and I can send each other cookies? Haha...any uniquely Utah(ian?) cookies? I can't think of any for CA.

That's how I read it. Yulia, maybe look into further.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:20 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

*criesandgoesforacookie*

That's how I read it. Yulia, maybe look into further.

My brother told me so because he has a friend who wanted to send him honey and she couldn't!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:26 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
My brother told me so because he has a friend who wanted to send him honey and she couldn't!

So strange.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

So strange.

I'll try to find out anyway :O

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
It's worth seeing what the official word is. I will hope so!!

Also, if there is a non-US boardie who would like to pair up with Meredith so I can stop feeling guilty that would be great!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Lucile wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I like the cookie triangle idea! Thanks guys! :D YaY! Now I just have to find a great American cookie to send. So, when do we do this? Is there an order? Or do we all do it at the same time?

:)

The cookie triangle is fine by me too. I'm off to Switzerland tomorrow for a couple of days but I'll take care of it this weekend.

Hey! The cookie triangle sounds great for me too. But what about Meridith? She also wanted to participate.
So who should I send cookies to? Lucile or Nikki?

EDIT:
We could do another triangle with minnmess (Canada) and bogusblue (Mexico) or with Darran (UK) and erikausagi (Mexico)?

Meridith sends cookies to Minnmess, Minnmess sends cookies to Bogusblue and Bogusblue sends cookies to Meridith?

*Or*

Meridith sends cookies to Darran, Darran to Erikausagi and Erikausagi to Meridith?

Im cool with whatever. Just let me know. I sent Bogusblue my address, but havent heard anything back yet.
edit: okay, now i have. So let me know if i should alter my plans before i mail something this weekend.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:19 AM Quote
Can Chile boardies add a bit of cocaine in the cookies ?
Thank you.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 11:30 AM Quote
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
You don't need cocaine, do you? :p

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
You don't need cocaine, do you? :p

is it a compliment ?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
Don't know if it has been posted yet but just seen this! Oreos come to the UK

How convenient :)

Anne >>>> There are too many biscuits I wanna send you! lol Do you get Jaffa Cakes over there since everyone on the board talks about them? And what's this.....you don't get CADBURY'S Chocolate?!?! Crazy. Ya want some of that and all??? It's lush....or maybe we should leave this for a candy/sweets swap!! lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Anne >>>> There are too many biscuits I wanna send you! lol Do you get Jaffa Cakes over there since everyone on the board talks about them? And what's this.....you don't get CADBURY'S Chocolate?!?! Crazy. Ya want some of that and all??? It's lush....or maybe we should leave this for a candy/sweets swap!! lol

The Oreo thing started this whole swap idea. : )

I can get Jaffa Cakes here (got some last summer at the height of the craze)

And while we don't get all of the delightful varieties you can get some Cadbury's chocolate here. I love it.

But please DO NOT send me any chocolate right now. In the winter knock yourself out but right now it's been 100 (35-36) degrees almost every day for over a week so that would be the biggest mess.

I am having the same dilemma of trying to decide which types to send you. I want to give you a good representation.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
If anyone has any spare biscuits or other food they don't want fire them this way and I won't say no.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Peewee wrote:

The Oreo thing started this whole swap idea. : )

I can get Jaffa Cakes here (got some last summer at the height of the craze)

And while we don't get all of the delightful varieties you can get some Cadbury's chocolate here. I love it.

But please DO NOT send me any chocolate right now. In the winter knock yourself out but right now it's been 100 (35-36) degrees almost every day for over a week so that would be the biggest mess.

I am having the same dilemma of trying to decide which types to send you. I want to give you a good representation.

Not a problem, it's been quite warm here too so yes we will leave that swap until the Winter! Defo! :)

All my colleagues keep telling me other biscuits to send to you. lol Some have a little choc but don't worry I will package them up so no mess. lol

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
Oh talking of chocolate sending it reminds me of my Canadian buddy who sent me Peanut Butter Dairy Milk. Stunning stuff. This thread has reminded me I must tell her to send me more.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:15 AM