Re: Worse Gigs Ever.
cornax
cornax Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Ahhh...dis one?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/cornax/19890630.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
snagged that one off a telephone pole that pic was taken on Motown JCs's porch . note tickets can be purchased at Sears . Broken man later moved to Oakland , M U G AKA mean ugly guys were fun

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
My only bad gig experience was Keane in that f*cking festival at River Plate Stadium too. I lost a lot of my friends, I spent all the Psychedelic Furs show (that is the worst band in history!!!!) trying to get some air and screaming for water while everyone was pushing because they wanted to get good positions for Babasónicos and Keane. I was quite close to the stage, butI couldn't take it anymore, so I went back with the only friend I could see (we were around 10 when we got there!) and we found other friends there. I was covered in other peoples sweat and my own sweat, it was disgusting. While Babasónicos was playing we (the new group of friends) tried to get to the front again. Most people weren't there for Keane, so when Babasónicos ended we thought they'd leave or go to the back. We weren't that lucky, and we exchanged some insults with really annoying drunk people (instant karma: the girl who was insulting us the most got robed a little bit after that). Finally one girl and I (again we lost a lot of people along the way) ended up right behind the same guy I had in front of me during PF! Unfortunately, when Keane came out, everyone went crazy! I didn't expect to find that many people singing Keane songs and pogoing. And this girl and I were surrounded by really tall guys and we were suffocating again, we had to be pulled out from the crowd by security when the second song finished, and we ended up watching the show near the front but really far away from the stage. I was so sad and angry about it, Keane is one of my favourite bands!!! =o( .

On the other hand, Travis festival (and only) gig in Buenos Aires was amazing, I ended up right in front of Dougie =o) .

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
And I just pulled that photo off the tour site...but excellent powers of recall!http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/cornax/notworthy.gif

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
And I just pulled that photo off the tour site...but excellent powers of recall!http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/cornax/notworthy.gif

I meant the picture of the poster , only took a pic of it a couple years ago. i had a bunch of em but trashed them.

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
when Travis played in Santiago i remember my sister was holding the metallic bar with only 1 hand and i behind her. There was this rude girl putting her elbow in my sister´s hand (that hurts a lot) so she let the bar away. I consider myself very quite and sort of pacifist person but i couldn´t let the girl hit my sister so i had to punch her on the back of her head and rapidly the guys from security came to calm things down but nothing more happened.

in Interpol, i went with just one friend and before the gig started i asked her what about if we lose each other, she said,nothing´s gonna happen, but i insisted so we agreed to meet in 1 specific point (bathroom lol) in the case we got lost. I remember interpol coming to the stage everybody screaming surfing, 1 girl shouted "my snicker!! i lost my snicker!!" and then the first song, i looked at my right side to see my friend and she was gone. I had to spend the whole gig fighting with people trying no to fall, cos if i had, i was dead.

coldplay. the more stupid thing (i think) you can do in a gig is putting sits. The staff from coldplay put seats and it was a totally disaster cos everybody was up in the seat so the guys from security asked you to go down, then everybody again up, and down, it was more like a aerobics than a gig.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Alright kids which bands should i see to get pot for free ?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

You should be able to get free pot if you come to Buenos Aires and go to any local band show. Actually, I think here you'll find people smoking pot in every show, no matter who's playing.
During that awful festival (not because of Keane, but because of everything else) I wrote about, while Keane was playing, a guy (total stranger) told me that he would sit me in his shoulders if I gave him something to smoke...

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
How the Hell do I find out when I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers??....it was back in 1987 in New York City...November?? Original band....kick ass concert.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
Black Grape, SECC.

Shaun Ryder walks on stage... says "it's like playing fucking B&Q", "Not exactly the Barras is it", from that moment on you knew it was gonna be a shit gig.

As for people misbehaving, I'm usually big enough and ugly enough to stop it with a snarl, owever I do remember seeing Public Enemy at the Barras and one guy kept backing into my mate, he got kinda pissed off at this so around the umpeenth time he just flung his pint over him and then apologized.

Dubz

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
How the Hell do I find out when I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers??....it was back in 1987 in New York City...November?? Original band....kick ass concert.

http://theside.free.fr/tour/tourHistory.php3

God love the internet!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 3:43 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Travis at the Fillmore

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 12:32 AM Quote
Some dumb blonde spilled my drink at a Dealership show . Didn't apologize, or replace the drink and i was too broke to buy another

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 2:42 AM Quote
A girl held a lighter to my friend's hand at Poison (with Tesla) when Bret Michaels kicked a t-shirt into the crowd and they both caught it. But that's what you get for going to a Poison show. (@Ric - I'm thinking Cow Palace...'88?)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
A girl held a lighter to my friend's hand at Poison (with Tesla) when Bret Michaels kicked a t-shirt into the crowd and they both caught it. But that's what you get for going to a Poison show. (@Ric - I'm thinking Cow Palace...'88?)

87-90 i was in Hawaii and missed out on alotta things

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:36 AM