Travis

Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 10:14 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Is FT water/splashproof? A thin layer of see-through self-adhesive plastic (kind used for covering books) might do the trick. If it's just paper it'll wear out very quickly. For light backing maybe thin foam-filled cardboard (I don't know what it's in English, Kapaline?)?

FT is splashproof. I wouldn't take a bath with them, but a little water should wipe off easily. Foam core is what we call what you are talking about. I'm not sure what it's made of...my husband is a graphic designer and works at a display place and he printed it there. It's like a very heavy-duty photo, with a gray backing. *Don is on the phone now: "It's a poly film," he says, "They're built to party."

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
Guess who just arriiiiiiiiiived?! :D

http://i27.tinypic.com/2quhkki.jpg

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
eeek! awesome!

edit: are we still sortin' out a schedule? just wanna make sure i don't drop the ball when it's my turn to host. hehe

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 11:33 PM Quote
They're going to Megg in Warsaw, Poland next. After that, we still gotta figure it out. We have a list and know the boardies that are going to be attending some gigs, but there isn't a set order yet.

*goes back to making little paper clothes* :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
They're going to Megg in Warsaw, Poland next. After that, we still gotta figure it out. We have a list and know the boardies that are going to be attending some gigs, but there isn't a set order yet.

Oh, good! That was fast! Have fun playing with your dollies.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:01 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oh, good! That was fast! Have fun playing with your dollies.

LOL! Thanks. I will. :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Adorable! Will you still have them Saturday for the big game?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:39 AM Quote
Probably...with work and all during the week. They'll be our good luck charms. I just want to take pictures in a few locations after work tomorrow and Friday if I can and then they're off to Polska! :)

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
Ohh, this sounds like so much fun. Flat Travis looks ADORABLE! Thinking of signing up, but where in the world would I take pictures of them??? Trying to think....

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 4:40 AM Quote
TK23 wrote:
Ohh, this sounds like so much fun. Flat Travis looks ADORABLE! Thinking of signing up, but where in the world would I take pictures of them??? Trying to think....

I'm sure you'll think of some place. I think the point is to show where we live. It might seem boring to you as you go about your routine but I am sure there are some places that would interest us.

If not, just take them to McDonald's, Applebee's, and Chili's.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 5:42 AM Quote
Awww! First pic of a boardie with Flat Travis! So cute :o)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 7:27 AM Quote
That's really Wonderful!!!! =D WOW!

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 7:53 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:

Is FT water/splashproof? A thin layer of see-through self-adhesive plastic (kind used for covering books) might do the trick. If it's just paper it'll wear out very quickly. For light backing maybe thin foam-filled cardboard (I don't know what it's in English, Kapaline?)?

FT is splashproof. I wouldn't take a bath with them, but a little water should wipe off easily. Foam core is what we call what you are talking about. I'm not sure what it's made of...my husband is a graphic designer and works at a display place and he printed it there. It's like a very heavy-duty photo, with a gray backing. *Don is on the phone now: "It's a poly film," he says, "They're built to party."

Excellent news, Don rocks!

I'm kind of his colleague, actually, just about to send some posters to be printed. It's just that I do my work-related talk in Finnish, so the English terminology is slightly missing.

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 7:53 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Looking good!!

spid
spid Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 8:20 AM Quote
It's the Leuchars Air show second week in Sept - I could get pictures with old WWii planes etc and maybe even get them flying above Scotland. Whatcha fink?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:50 PM