Travis

Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
I'm so excited too. I have lots of ideas. Hope Kayte's brain won't explode with not only making a schedule but one that works with the tour dates.

Kayte, what did your hubby think when you asked? Did he think it was cool or did he roll his eyes at how insane you've become?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Sooooooooooo EXCITED! lol

I'm thinking of Places to take Flat Travis already :) Soooo many it's great.

So where is this project starting??? ;)

Starting in Detroit! Nikki and I took them around last Friday and we're just finishing up a few neighborhood shots we wanted to take. Nikki has them now. We haven't ironed out the whole itinerary yet, but Megg will get him next since she's probably going away for the summer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I'm so excited too. I have lots of ideas. Hope Kayte's brain won't explode with not only making a schedule but one that works with the tour dates.

Kayte, what did your hubby think when you asked? Did he think it was cool or did he roll his eyes at how insane you've become?

He was happy to do it, since he knows I enjoy these little projects. He also likes to prove to me that anything is possible in PhotoShop.

Nikki is helping to arrange the schedule to avoid my brain exploding.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Yes! They should be in my mailbox today!!! :D

I have an idea. What if we each signed our names on the back? Like "Hello from Detroit RAWK City- Kayte and Nikki" and then Megg could sign and so on...but make it small so we can fit everyone's name. Then at the end of the tour we give it to Travis as a gift. Methinks this is an awesome idea. Just don't use marker or a pen that'll bleed through the paper. FT is on some pretty heavy-duty glossy paper, though, so this shouldn't be an issue.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I have an idea. What if we each signed our names on the back? Like "Hello from Detroit RAWK City- Kayte and Nikki" and then Megg could sign and so on...but make it small so we can fit everyone's name. Then at the end of the tour we give it to Travis as a gift. Methinks this is an awesome idea. Just don't use marker or a pen that'll bleed through the paper. FT is on some pretty heavy-duty glossy paper, though, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I love the idea! Yikes! It's exciting :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

That's a cool idea. I was wondering, do you think we should put a stiffer backing on it? Adhere it to foam core or gator board or something so it doesn't flap in the wind so much?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

That's a cool idea. I was wondering, do you think we should put a stiffer backing on it? Adhere it to foam core or gator board or something so it doesn't flap in the wind so much?

Hmmm...I suppose we could, but we don't want it to be too heavy cuz then we'll all have to pay extra for postage and then if someone doesn't they could get lost in the mail. Since I'll probably have them for a few days before sending 'em off to Warsaw, maybe I could go to a Michael's craft store and see what they have. If I can't find anything, I think they'll be fine the way they are. It's stiff paper.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

This is a great idea Nikki! I can hardly wait to do this whole thing! It will be so fun to see all of the pictures.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Alisha wrote:
this is genius! I'm all in! :)

I'm based in London, UK :)

I checked the Live Dates section. You are going to some concerts as well?

More than some but being the traveller I am you don't want to send me around with Flat Travis, believe me ;P
Besides, someone wll have to show them around Londinium ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
They look soooo handsome!!!! Hahaha.
I'm very very excited about this! :oD

Absy, I'll see if I can find some naked argentinian to pose with the flat guys when they come to Buenos Aires. Not the real one though, since I told you he's not so cool.
It's not gonna be easy since it's autumn here :oP

A true Naked Argentinian is willing to remove his garments no matter what the weather.

Is it something your mummy told you ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Absy, I'll see if I can find some naked argentinian to pose with the flat guys when they come to Buenos Aires. Not the real one though, since I told you he's not so cool.

A true Naked Argentinian is willing to remove his garments no matter what the weather.

No, common knowledge.

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
th74 wrote:
Put me down, too!

I agree with Mary, we love Travis in the Twin Cities. Maybe we could have a mini-MN boarding convention with Mary (and baby!), Park Ave Pirate, and myself.

Oh, yes! I think CraftyCathy would like to partake too!

Yep! Count me in too from Mpls. I think Travis will love the view from my condo. :)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No, common knowledge.

HAHAHA !
You're too much !

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
I'm in Spain!
I love that idea =D

mili
mili Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Hmmm...I suppose we could, but we don't want it to be too heavy cuz then we'll all have to pay extra for postage and then if someone doesn't they could get lost in the mail. Since I'll probably have them for a few days before sending 'em off to Warsaw, maybe I could go to a Michael's craft store and see what they have. If I can't find anything, I think they'll be fine the way they are. It's stiff paper.

Is FT water/splashproof? A thin layer of see-through self-adhesive plastic (kind used for covering books) might do the trick. If it's just paper it'll wear out very quickly. For light backing maybe thin foam-filled cardboard (I don't know what it's in English, Kapaline?)?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:20 PM