Travis

Pulling Mussels (From a Shell)
bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 6:36 AM Quote
I must say, i love this song! I love the fact Waikiki is mentioned, and i like changing the line "pulling mussels from a shell" to "pulling mussels for Michele" (which is my sisters name), and everytime Maid Marion is mentioned it reminds me of the fox from the disney film, (who i still have a crush on). but i have absolultey no clue what the song is actually about, and i'm usually quite good at knowing what songs are about!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Pulling Mussels (From a Shell)
mili
mili Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
I read somewhere that pulling mussels from a shell means having sex, or a quickie. It's about a holiday on the beach.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
bullyweeben wrote:
I must say, i love this song! I love the fact Waikiki is mentioned, and i like changing the line "pulling mussels from a shell" to "pulling mussels for Michele" (which is my sisters name), and everytime Maid Marion is mentioned it reminds me of the fox from the disney film, (who i still have a crush on). but i have absolultey no clue what the song is actually about, and i'm usually quite good at knowing what songs are about!

Anyone have any thoughts?

I love this song, really nice!!!

i like much more Travis cover than the original song, Andy`s solo is awasome!
I made a cover, i will upload soon at Youtube

bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
Was it a cover?!?!?!?

I never knew that! oh well, every day's a school day!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
bullyweeben wrote:
Was it a cover?!?!?!?

I never knew that! oh well, every day's a school day!

Yeah. Squeeze. :) Also, Is that love? and Up The Junction are also Squeeze covers. The other 6 b sides from The Boy's singles are written by Fran. I can't wait to hear Ode To J. Smith b sides. Hopefully they don't waste some brilliant songs that could be on album 7 though.

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
Yeap, Squeeze! Great great band.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:50 PM