Travis

Re: USA Elections
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
what does that mean? girls under the age of majority have to have parental consent? or parents have to be notified? Something like that?

Was prop 8 officially a yes? Does that overturn those who were married when it was legal? or just mean no one else can marry?

For prop 4 , third time they've attempted it , a NO means minors do not have to notify their parents or go through a waitting period .

On 8 I'm not sure if those weddings will be overturned

gotcha. thanks for the 'fo my San Fran friend.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ,

I understand TRAVIS county TEXAS went for Obama . That means weird mommy sported the dress . good job

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
what does that mean? girls under the age of majority have to have parental consent? or parents have to be notified? Something like that?

Was prop 8 officially a yes? Does that overturn those who were married when it was legal? or just mean no one else can marry?

For prop 4 , third time they've attempted it , a NO means minors do not have to notify their parents or go through a waitting period .

On 8 I'm not sure if those weddings will be overturned

gotcha. thanks for the 'fo my San Fran friend.

99.something% reported and it is 52% yes 48% no. So that is pretty official. The marriages will not be overturned because it is not retroactive. I think there are already lawsuits in the works. This is just so messed up. Can I vent here? Well, I'm gonna. A lot of the money for the yes on 8 campaign came from out of state(i.e. the Mormon church of Utah). I just think it really sucks that they are pushing their religious views on the state when there is supposed to be a seperation of church and state. What a giant step backwards.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 12:29 AM Quote
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/11/first-celebrity-reactions-obama-win.gif

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
Prop 8 update. Unfortunetly it is not good news. The California Supreme court ruled today that the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages is valid.

NY times article

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 7:13 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Prop 8 update. Unfortunetly it is not good news. The California Supreme court ruled today that the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages is valid.

NY times article

This is upsetting. And just plain wrong, imo.

Pages Previous 1...20 21 22 23 [24] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 AM