Travis

Re: USA Elections
sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Don't forget your free starbucks coffees after you vote.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:

Ben and Jerry's ice cream too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
This crazy woman in Michigan (a state McCain has given up on by the way) politicized Halloween! She wouldn't give candy to kids whose parents supported Obama:

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/world/30203/no-candy-obama-fans

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
that is one of the most ridiculous things i have read in a while! These are children! it's Halloween! What's next? The Easter bunny isnt going to come if they don't like that their parents are anti-war?
Did she ask each of them "who is your mommy and daddy voting for?" *slams door*
I hope she got TPed! And i hope someone came to her door dressed as Obama!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
Wow. That is ridiculous! How could she tell with every kid though? Did she ask who their parents were, or know each kid? Stupid woman.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

Ben and Jerry's ice cream too.

don't forget Krispy Kreme!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
So what time do the polls open? i.e. when is it officially 'tomorrow' in the US? I'll be watching this one with great interest.

Don't think McCain helped himself by appearing on SNL the same weekend that Palin got caught being hoaxed into having the most retarded conversation ever recorded with what she thought was an actual foreign statesman. Cut to pictures of Obama looking like he is serious and can actually lead a country and command respect. Add a few votes.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03396.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03400.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03402.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
So what time do the polls open? i.e. when is it officially 'tomorrow' in the US? I'll be watching this one with great interest.

Don't think McCain helped himself by appearing on SNL the same weekend that Palin got caught being hoaxed into having the most retarded conversation ever recorded with what she thought was an actual foreign statesman. Cut to pictures of Obama looking like he is serious and can actually lead a country and command respect. Add a few votes.

I don't know if poll hours are the same in all states, but in Michigan the polls open at 7:00 AM (EST) and run until 8:00 PM. But then we have to wait and wait for the west coast people.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Does anybody else get super nervous when they enter the voting booth? I'm so afraid I'm going to accidentally mark the wrong thing or screw up the ballot somehow.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Does anybody else get super nervous when they enter the voting booth? I'm so afraid I'm going to accidentally mark the wrong thing or screw up the ballot somehow.

agree. I had my stupid little pencil in hand behind the little divider and was convinced that i would somehow put an "x" down incorrectly. It wasnt like this was my first time voting. Im just a nutjob

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Yes!! I do! When I voted in the primaries the scanner thing couldn't read my ballot for some reason, and I had to do it again...I don't remember what happened, but it was scary.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Moray wrote:

I don't know if poll hours are the same in all states, but in Michigan the polls open at 7:00 AM (EST) and run until 8:00 PM. But then we have to wait and wait for the west coast people.

gee Kayte our hearts are in the right place , so what if we're casual ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Moray wrote:

gee Kayte our hearts are in the right place , so what if we're casual ?

It's just far away, that's all. It's 3 or 4 hours different, right?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

It's just far away, that's all. It's 3 or 4 hours different, right?

it's like 22 hours or so untill the polls open .

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03402.jpg

Pages Previous 1...14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:02 AM