Travis

Re: weddings n stuff!
Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ursina wrote:
considering the cost of these events, hubby being the typical canny Scot decided the money could be better spend on a deposit for our first home and that's what we did :)

But on the other hand, the more people you invite, the more presents/CASH (hope!) you are likely to receive. You just have to make sure that the cost per person is less than the typical wedding gift and you will "profit." But that's not a very romantic way of looking at it. ;o)

LOL you're quite right! hehehehe

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Sorry Angel, LOVE the pink dress. Sexy! It looks so awesome.

My thoughts exactly!

Thanks girls!! Pregnancy means i do not fit in it at alllll!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

Doesn't mean you can't get back to that. But if you don't, I am sure you would say Clyde is worth some body changes, right? But don't stress about that stuff right now. Focus on your cutie pie.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Ursina wrote:
considering the cost of these events, hubby being the typical canny Scot decided the money could be better spend on a deposit for our first home and that's what we did :)

But on the other hand, the more people you invite, the more presents/CASH (hope!) you are likely to receive. You just have to make sure that the cost per person is less than the typical wedding gift and you will "profit." But that's not a very romantic way of looking at it. ;o)

LOL you're quite right! hehehehe

To keep costs down best is to plan ahead and negotiate. That's how we managed to pay for our wedding, costed us half of what it should have, but i am great at negotiating says my husband.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Doesn't mean you can't get back to that. But if you don't, I am sure you would say Clyde is worth some body changes, right? But don't stress about that stuff right now. Focus on your cutie pie.

yes, but hard to do, am a bit obsessed and get depressed sometimes when i happen to walk past a mirror...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
yes, but hard to do, am a bit obsessed and get depressed sometimes when i happen to walk past a mirror...

Believe me, I remember. Just take care of yourself as best you can right now and it'll get sorted out. I didn't lose really any of the weight after my second and then started gaining because I was not taking care of myself.

When she was about 10 months old I finally had enough brain cells to get serious about it and now I am even a little thinner than I was when I got married.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Believe me, I remember. Just take care of yourself as best you can right now and it'll get sorted out. I didn't lose really any of the weight after my second and then started gaining because I was not taking care of myself.

When she was about 10 months old I finally had enough brain cells to get serious about it and now I am even a little thinner than I was when I got married.

Thanks 4 that really helps, Mr C is laying in my arms on the desk as i try to type, seems to not like it!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
This thread's great! I loooove weddings- I'm such a girl. We need more pics, married people!

I guess I'm in a minority, but I'd like to have a big, white, traditional wedding. Outside. Yours seems to be perfect, Anne!

Oh and Kayte, I have never heard of anyone having a "theme" wedding before, but I think it's really cool!

alrighty!!

[img]http://www.easy-upload.net/vignettes.php?v=2008423171549[/img]

[img]http://www.easy-upload.net/vignettes.php?v=2008423173513[/img]

Love the dress sorry angel! What a fab colour!
Oh and as for your church question - neither of us is at all religious so at least that's one thing we don't have to worry about...the venue will not be a church!!!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
everything starts getting too big and fancy but all we want is a small intimate kind of occasion...I just don't want to offend anyone!

I am not sure if you meant offend anyone on the board or in real life but either way this is YOUR deal and anyone who is offended has their own issue. Your wedding should be exactly how you want it.

I meant I didn't want to offend any family that weren't invited....um, my boyfriend's parents are divorced and remarried and there is slight issue with the inviting of step-sisters and their other halves, it's a bit of a nightmare!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
now I am even a little thinner than I was when I got married.

High, whiny, mocking, sing-song voice: "I am even a little thinner than I was when I got married, mimimimimimimimimii!"
;o) It's safe to say I'll never be that weight again unless I lose a limb!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

High, whiny, mocking, sing-song voice: "I am even a little thinner than I was when I got married, mimimimimimimimimii!"

LOL. Well I am very proud of the 70 pounds I lost and didn't expect to get a smaller size than I was 10 years ago. If it makes you feel better I have to be extremely careful about what I eat. I swear if I look at candy I gain weight.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

LOL. Well I am very proud of the 70 pounds I lost and didn't expect to get a smaller size than I was 10 years ago. If it makes you feel better I have to be extremely careful about what I eat. I swear if I look at candy I gain weight.

You should be proud. That's quite an achievement! I can't seem to lose one pound.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You should be proud. That's quite an achievement! I can't seem to lose one pound.

If you want me to tell you what I did I'd be happy to. Just PM me. Hubby lost 40 pounds doing it. I have a friend doing right now. I think she has lost at least 10 in about a month. It is quite strict but it works. Basic math. Consume less calories than you burn = weight loss.

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:35 PM Quote

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Apr, 2008 12:59 AM Quote
Aída wrote:
oh, and i'm enganged!

Congratulations!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:07 PM