Travis

Re: does the song of paperclips was dedicated to anybody
Conor14
Conor14 Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
as one of the 12 memories, i always thought it was his own dad. but we don't know

i think you're right. seems to be about someone he doesn't want anything to do with.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I posted a poem of mine on the old board. :) Haha. Maybe 2 actually.

You should post it again

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 5:12 AM Quote
Conor14 wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
as one of the 12 memories, i always thought it was his own dad. but we don't know

i think you're right. seems to be about someone he doesn't want anything to do with.

I though it, when fran said he was feeling not really right on that time, and 12 memories was about his life, here's the quote:

“But ‘12 Memories’ was about going into therapy, and the record was the therapy sessions. I was feeling really, really bad, and I didn’t want to take any drugs to get myself out of it. So I had three months of hypnotherapy instead, where you went back and fixed your memories. So that’s where the album title came from, and each song on it was a memory I wanted to address.”

I don't know, kids always wants to be like their father, but i think after familiar problemas paperclips would fit in the part of "i don't want to be like you, anymore" I don't know, i think that's a very personal fran's thing.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Fran mentioned something about it somewhere I just can't remember whhen and what lol

I LOVE Paperclips !

So do I, one of my favorite in fact, and am always surprised to see it not beeing liked so much whenever those post for rating your favorite song come along.
Hope life is good in Cheeseland.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
life is wet in Cheesland at the moment lol I don't mind.. reminds me of Scotland :)
How are you ? and wee Clyde, is he a good boy ? :)

kmouse
kmouse Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
I'm sure there is something (or someone) behind every song. Paperclips is a gorgeous song.

milos
milos Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
I love this song. Dougie's little clarinet part is awesome!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
life is wet in Cheesland at the moment lol I don't mind.. reminds me of Scotland :)
How are you ? and wee Clyde, is he a good boy ? :)

I'm fine thanks, bit tired today and very yesterday. Wee Clyde is sleeping just now, he's a looooovely boy. Today I arranged his hair in a mohican, it's long enough for that. That was funny!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:29 PM