Travis

Travis in the Park
lecsmith
lecsmith Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:33 AM Quote
So they're playin random festivals all over the world - that's gotta be done, but there was once a time when no other band had played tit park more than travis - the festival who's debut featured glass onion, has this place lost its deserved place in the bands heart? They didnt play last year cos they hadnt released the album or enough songs off it or maybe they just wanna headline? Who cares if you're not billed headliners you blew green day right outta the water, they were like a cool down. Let's hear AIWDIR booming across balado, let's make the T in 'T in the Park' stand for Travis again, come back to the festival you belong in

just a thought

Lx

Re: Travis in the Park
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 9:08 AM Quote
Last year they didnt do festivals at all.

This year, they're on a break because of Dougie's baby until July.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
They did open air Gampel in Switzerland last year!

lecsmith
lecsmith Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
ah not the reason i'd been told. they were on tour tho. still my point stands. its been 3 yrs, they'll not play it this yr so if they even play it next yr it'll have been 4yrs. they played 4yrs in a row from 97-00 after glass onion played in 95. i thot wen they returned in 05 this was the start of another streak, didnt mind nowt in 06 - no material, but wit the boy wi nae name my first thot was awesome theyll be back at tit park, but no, theyr over in america. But even then i thought it's kl they'll be bak next yr, n now they're still not on the bill. I'm not even gettin my hopes up that they'll promote the next album there next yr. I guess those days are tied to the nineties

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
I would like them to play the Inveraray festival end of August, now that woould be real cool¨!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:22 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
They did open air Gampel in Switzerland last year!

Sorry, I was just thinking of British festivals. They did one in America too I think.

lecsmith
lecsmith Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:56 AM Quote
invereray? thats a bit random, there's a jail there! I had ice cream there once, not too long ago though, maybe 5 years or so ago

lecsmith
lecsmith Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:56 AM Quote
invereray? thats a bit random, there's a jail there! I had ice cream there once, not too long ago though, maybe 5 years or so ago

caz b
caz b Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 12:05 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
I would like them to play the Inveraray festival end of August, now that woould be real cool¨!

Me too, just got tickets. And Belladrum...

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
lecsmith wrote:

ahhhh you don't know about this wee cool festival there ?

I think last year it was the first time. I couldn't make it but Andrew was there.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
i think it would be wicked if Travis played at T in the park :)
I thought that they would be soonisshh..maybe not this year..but next..hopefullyy...or they might just not lke it much there anymore..
who knowwss..

Euan
Euan Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
The T line up this year looks so poor, I don't think even Travis could save it! If anyone wants to find me, I think i'll be in a drunken coma in the ceilidh tent...

lecsmith
lecsmith Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 9:33 AM Quote
i hear ya euan - it must be pretty dire, the only bands i've heard are playin are the verve, ratm, kings of leon (who were awesome at the ally pally but seem to have lost it somewhat), maybe the goo goo dolls, not sure about the rest, altho i think amy macs prob playin.

On the other hand, last year i didnt really listen to many of the bands, but went and just seen as many as i could and learnt i actually liked a whole lotta bands i didnt think i would, so maybe the same will happen this year.

As for the invereray festival - there seems to be a lot of these mini festivals propping up over scotland just now, what with rock ness, the loch lomond one, big in falkirk.... They are quite good for finding some good unheard of bands and theres always somebody cool headlining them. Don't think they'll ever be as good as that gig on the green - remember that, man that was sweet

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:46 PM