Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
Darran
Darran Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 3:32 PM Quote
The Sharks can go swivel.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Aww Shanny!
There was this really funny clip a few years back on Coaches Corner (CBC's Hockey Night in Canada) when his helmet broke and he was trying to borrow someone elses while they got him a new one and no one's fit him bc as they said "he has a giant irish head." aww, shanny. it made me laugh. He went to like 3 guys helmets on the bench.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Aww Shanny!
There was this really funny clip a few years back on Coaches Corner (CBC's Hockey Night in Canada) when his helmet broke and he was trying to borrow someone elses while they got him a new one and no one's fit him bc as they said "he has a giant irish head." aww, shanny. it made me laugh. He went to like 3 guys helmets on the bench.

LMAO! I remember that!! Here it is on youtube for those who didn't see the game. Shanny has a big head.

Some other favorite Shanny moments happened with Steve Yzerman. There used to be a "Kiss Me" camera at Joe Louis Arena and if they put you up on the big screen you had to kiss the person you were with...well they showed Steve Yzerman and Brendan Shanahan and they both started cracking up and Steve leans over and gives Shanny a smooch. LMAO! It was priceless! Another moment was the 2002 Stanely Cup finals. Shanny scored an empty netter to ice the series for the Wings and him and Stevie hugged so hard after the goal that they fell to the ice and Shanny made Steve's nose bleed, lol! You can watch it here.

Wow! Watching that again gives me CHILLS! Stevie's last cup, Scotty in his skates...*sigh* I love hockey, lol.

Big game tonight! Wings-Preds tied 2-2. We're at home. GO WINGS!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
Ohhhh, I remember the big hug scene. Don was like, "Oh, my gosh, are they gonna make out?" So many great memories tied with those two Stanley Cup wins. I hope we get another one.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ohhhh, I remember the big hug scene. Don was like, "Oh, my gosh, are they gonna make out?" So many great memories tied with those two Stanley Cup wins. I hope we get another one.

Correction: THREE...three Stanley Cup wins. That clip is from 2002. ;)

'97,'98,'02....('08). :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 3:45 AM Quote
We won in OT baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D woohooo!

This is so freaky. My brother, his girlfriend, me and my boyfriend were watching the game together and my bro was joking around before OT started. He got down on his knees and prayed for the Wings to score, lol. We asked him if God told him who was going to score. He said "either Franzen or Kronwall"...sure enough...Franzen got the goal and Kronwall got the lone assist on the play. O.O weeiird.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 6:32 AM Quote
I remember the kiss cam! Love it!
Is it sad that i immediatly thing of this board after watching hockey games now?
I wasnt home, (went to see We Will Rock You, amazing btw) and checked the scores on my phone and saw that the wings won and instantly thought of the board!
Love the Shanny/Stevie Man love. Oh and I went through Shannys hometown again today. I may have lamely taken a picture of the sign that said "Mimico."
Sidenote: Nikki, did you have a tough time with who to cheer for at the 02 Olympics? You are American, but Stevie and Brenny were on Team Canada? I guess you still had Chelio and Hull (who i hate with a firey passion). That was a fantastic day for my home and native land!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Sorry, 3 wins. Life after 2001 is kind of a blur for me, you know!

I'm so relieved we won in OT! We had to turn off the TV after the regular play, so we didn't get to see. Those Predators and their 46-second goal or whatever it was...bahhhh!

I haven't watched much hockey since they changed all the rules. For OT in Stanley Cup playoffs, is it a shootout, sudden death, or a regular period?

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 1:43 PM Quote
5 0n 5 Sudden Death overtime. 20 minute periods. Play till ya drop.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
5 0n 5 Sudden Death overtime. 20 minute periods. Play till ya drop.

That's how it should be! I've heard talk about changing it. Personally, I think the NHL would be making a HUGE mistake.

Kristy, I did have a hard time deciding who to root for during the Olympics! But deep down, I just had to root for Stevie, lol, so I was very happy team Canada won gold!

Look what I found online:
http://i27.tinypic.com/20k91si.jpg
Paul is even a fan! :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
Or maybe it's because him and his wife were in a band called wings ??

Which reminds me of a joke... What do you call a cow with wings ?

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Or maybe it's because him and his wife were in a band called wings ??

Which reminds me of a joke... What do you call a cow with wings ?

Dubz

That's actually the story behind why he has it on his guitar. I was joking. He came to Detroit to do a show and liked the logo because of his band Wings, so someone gave him a sticker and he put it on his guitar.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

That's actually the story behind why he has it on his guitar. I was joking. He came to Detroit to do a show and liked the logo because of his band Wings, so someone gave him a sticker and he put it on his guitar.

Deadly, he should support them, A cool logo is fine by me... I've heard of much crappier excuses for alliegance to teams.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:42 PM