Travis

Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
I think a lot of people jump onto the red wings bandwagon more as a popularity thing...kind of like the ny yankees **barf**

sorry, i think i'll root for the underdog--go predators!

And whyyyyyyy do you think they are popular? Because they RULE THE RINK! The Predators? Tee hee. They had to teach Tennessee people about hockey just to gather up a fan base. Remember the weird swooshy puck they used a couple years ago? They wanted to make it easier for new fans to follow.

Yeah, where's Nikki when I need her?

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
I'm in for the Wings! I'll post a pic of my oft vaunted Steve Yzerman 19 Captains replica 2002 stanley cup jersey that I have at home. W00t!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm sorry you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I'm not sure of all the teams and their names, I keep getting them mixed up with the football teams, and soccer teams to a lesser extent.

Dubz

Oh, i wasn't directing my comment at you, just making a general statement :) But like Sandy said, it happens with teams that win a lot i guess.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
I think a lot of people jump onto the red wings bandwagon more as a popularity thing...kind of like the ny yankees **barf**

And whyyyyyyy do you think they are popular? Because they RULE THE RINK! The Predators? Tee hee. They had to teach Tennessee people about hockey just to gather up a fan base. Remember the weird swooshy puck they used a couple years ago? They wanted to make it easier for new fans to follow.

hehe! we're starting a fight in the virtual rink!! boy, i do love hockey--and true fans!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

And even Uncle Joey http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:0k0wmt6Biju3bM:http://www.nickfruhling.com/blog/uploaded_images/redwingsguys/RedWings_JoeyGladstone.jpg

Ohhh, if Uncle Joey is a supporter of the Wings, I am too!

lol

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

lol

My point exactly...;)

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
Go Flames.

It's time Lord Stanley came back to the homeland of the game.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I'm in for the Wings! I'll post a pic of my oft vaunted Steve Yzerman 19 Captains replica 2002 stanley cup jersey that I have at home. W00t!

Wooo! Stevie Y! The Captain...at least always in our hearts. Should I mention again how I had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup and then the guy who took the picture never gave it to me, even though we worked in the same building for a YEAR!!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

lol

My point exactly...;)

shhhh! ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:19 PM Quote

We've got a team in Paisley. The Paisley Pirates, years ago we actually had two, The Pirates and The Mohawks

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

hehe! we're starting a fight in the virtual rink!! boy, i do love hockey--and true fans!

I'M TAKING THE GLOVES OFF! We've got McCarty back, ya know!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

We've got a team in Paisley. The Paisley Pirates, years ago we actually had two, The Pirates and The Mohawks

Dubz

When you said Paisley my first thought was the pattern, not the place. I was thinking that was quite a wimpy name for a team!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:21 PM Quote

Is it true they are allowed to beat the shite out of each other until one of them falls down ?

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Is it true they are allowed to beat the shite out of each other until one of them falls down ?

Dubz

No, they can continue beating even if one of them falls down. Even both.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

When you said Paisley my first thought was the pattern, not the place. I was thinking that was quite a wimpy name for a team!

That's where the pattern gets it's name from. There was a massive weaving industry in Paisley back in days of yore, It's actually an Indian pattern from the Kashmir region but even back in those days we were already stealing stuff.

Dubz

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:49 PM