Travis

Andys Guitar
Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 6:12 PM Quote
i think andy is a master on the guitar. his riffs and solos are never distastful. anyone got any info on the effects he uses through his orange amps?

Re: Andys Guitar
DAMO
DAMO Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
ive been trying to find this out so i can try to re create his sound,if i find out will let u know

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
Whether guitarists want to admit it or not, through an overly l oud PA system and sweaty fingers. any 'style' on an electric guitar is gonna sound just about the same to an audience. Constructive and destructive interference through a large number of bodies or even in a general room might give the impression to the player that it sounds different, but in fact the larger of the chances are that it sounds much the same to the audience, especially when not the lead guitar and when drums and bases are flowing also ontop of singing. Damn that constructive interference at point n and destructive at 0.5n

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
no...ive seen his pedal board...its a meters length with different guitar effect pedals...if u dont play guitar u wont understand. I particulary love the intro riff effect to writing to reach you!!

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:49 PM Quote
i'm just starting to learn the guitar and i appreciate any good playing, cos at the moment the sound comming out from my guitar are crap (3rd week)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:59 PM Quote
One i know he uses is a Big Muff (children please, stop giggling!). That's the sound for the AIWTDIR solo, and Funny Thing. He also uses an ebow, particularly on Closer. The vibrato at the start of WTRY that you mentioned is Andy flicking the pickup selector switch back and forth really quickly to get a sort of a swell.

One i've noticed on the new album is a sort of octave pedal. It's on Eyes Wide Open, and i want to know what it is cos i want one!

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
writing to reach you isnt just made from the pickup selector...he defo uses some sort of effect...maybe a tremelo/phaser/overdrive....sounds mega!

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
he uses an ocatve pedal on closer, and delay on eyes wide open.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 11:46 PM Quote
he was interviewed a few years ago in the UK mag guitarist , good stuff. He's got a nice ES -330

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:13 AM