Travis

Re: 50 best indie anthems
lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
[quote="Nikki"] Travis are the most underrated band of all time, in my opinion - especially in the US. Whenever I have a conversation with someone and we get on the subject of music, I bring up Travis and most the time the person I'm talking to has never even heard of them! Yet, every single time I let someone barrow one of their albums they're so impressed.

I agree with you. Its shame that not a lot of people get to enjoy their music. I think they have to work on their marketing. Once you see them (or hear them) you’ll fall in love immediately. I think they deserve their long-overdue recognition from such wonderful music that they pioneered.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
i was watching el music channel today and Travis came 12th as part of the 50 best indie anthems..i thought they shouldve been like atleast in the top 10 but there we are..they played Why Does It Always Rain On Me..which is probably what they are most famous for..
but yeahh...i suppose it was a better result than some of the other 'top 100' or 'best 50' whatevers cos i've seen it before where they've been like 23!! cripeys eh?
Coldpay were 2nd and Oasis (not surprisingly) came 1st..
hmmm..yeahh..that's about it :)
i do think travis are quite underestimated sometimes..i think that about Manic Street Preachers too though..ahh it annoys me!
x

Oasis came first? Oh for gods sake!!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
rebekah wrote:
i was watching el music channel today and Travis came 12th as part of the 50 best indie anthems..i thought they shouldve been like atleast in the top 10 but there we are..they played Why Does It Always Rain On Me..which is probably what they are most famous for..
but yeahh...i suppose it was a better result than some of the other 'top 100' or 'best 50' whatevers cos i've seen it before where they've been like 23!! cripeys eh?
i do think travis are quite underestimated sometimes..i think that about Manic Street Preachers too though..ahh it annoys me!
x

Oasis came first? Oh for gods sake!!

ahaha lol..that was my first thought..but then again if you look at it..theyr'e ALWAYS first..it annooyyysss mmeeeee!!! argh!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
rebekah wrote:
x

I think Coldplay isn`t enough good. Just commercial...

martina
martina Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 11:09 AM Quote
Hate to say it but I don't think WDIAROM is Travis' best song at ALL (though it's still a great song) :p

milos
milos Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 11:59 AM Quote
I don't like these "lists". Sometimes they are fun, but still pointless in my opinion. Music is not some kind of sport.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:25 PM