Re: bbc2
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:34 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Mikko85 wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
So I'm presuming this is all gonna be put on a CD then? Do the sales go to charity or something?

not sure - doesn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the songs, preventing them from ever being covered or something? Know it's pretty random but I'm sure there's something barring any commercial release.

Maybe coz it was crap? hahaha, sorry but i didnt rate them covers.

Someone who's not afraid to speak their mind. I like it! :)

Aw cheers! =D

Always a pleasure :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

If the bands had been allowed to put there own spin on things I think we'd have a much better program.

Yeah I must admit, I'm not such a fan of blunt covers with no change. But hey, it's all a bit of fun. That's why I was wondering whether profits go to charity or not actually. If it doesn't however, then it would be a bit of a transparent way to make money. Just so long as they don't do it for every band's 40th album anniversary. I can somehow imagine them pushing for an Elvis one too at some point…and then before we know it, a Spice Girls cover album lol.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:39 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

If the bands had been allowed to put there own spin on things I think we'd have a much better program.

Yeah I must admit, I'm not such a fan of blunt covers with no change. But hey, it's all a bit of fun. That's why I was wondering whether profits go to charity or not actually. If it doesn't however, then it would be a bit of a transparent way to make money. Just so long as they don't do it for every band's 40th album anniversary. I can somehow imagine them pushing for an Elvis one too at some point…and then before we know it, a Spice Girls cover album lol.

I'd LOVE to see a Spice Girls cover album!!!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:40 AM Quote
Lol! I've covered Viva Forever, and it's amazing how much you can make it sound like Radiohead without even trying. And i don't particularly like Radiohead! Or the Spice Girls...

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:41 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Lol! I've covered Viva Forever, and it's amazing how much you can make it sound like Radiohead without even trying. And i don't particularly like Radiohead! Or the Spice Girls...

You don't like the spice girls? Shame on you! lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
Well when they were out, i was into The Verve. Sorry!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:50 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Well when they were out, i was into The Verve. Sorry!

Hey well, The Verve were cool. Probably too cool for me back in that era actually, but hey I was only around 9 or 10 years old. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/10-Tongue.gif

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:54 AM Quote
I was only 10 as well. I just knew what was crap and what wasn't (in my mind anyway). Still absolutely love The Verve. Went to see Richard Ashcroft last November and he is still awesome, even though i never saw him with The Verve. Totally love all his solo stuff as well though

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 1:02 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I was only 10 as well. I just knew what was crap and what wasn't (in my mind anyway). Still absolutely love The Verve. Went to see Richard Ashcroft last November and he is still awesome, even though i never saw him with The Verve. Totally love all his solo stuff as well though

Haha, I just had a crap taste in music then. Oh well.

I'm not hugely in to The Verve and Ashcroft, but I still have respect for them. He’s a ‘proper’ musician who can sit down with his guitar and write some good stuff. That was the general ethics of the Brit Pop movement I guess, but was overshadowed by naff manufactured pop groups of the time.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 1:09 AM Quote
Bastards! Lol

He has written some bloody good tunes. And i don't mean anything off Urban Hymns. Most of it is ace

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
High quality version of the Travis section being uploaded at the moment. Will post it in about 20 minutes.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:25 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Bastards! Lol

He has written some bloody good tunes. And i don't mean anything off Urban Hymns. Most of it is ace

Music Is Power... =)

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
It's put me in a Beatles mood. But for the White Album...odd.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 PM