Travis

Re: favourtie travis song?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
It doesn't prevent me from enjoying them, I just don't fucking like them.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here.
Are you saying you like (or liked) their music but you don't like them as people?

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It doesn't prevent me from enjoying them, I just don't fucking like them. You are taking other points from my arguement and turning them into your ideas for me not liking them. it's Sillyjism.

You make a point, you back it with reasons. Your point was you don't like Travis, your reasons were that they appealled to certain demographics and this annoyed you. Prior to that it's because they'd shifted away from a genre you appreciated. I think that covers it?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
It doesn't prevent me from enjoying them, I just don't fucking like them.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here.
Are you saying you like (or liked) their music but you don't like them as people?

that's exactly what i meant, yes I did love their music, once upon a time, that I think is why I feel so strongly about this point, I never expected anymore from loads of other bands but Travis promised so much with the first album and then disappointed (me at least) with everything else, I understand that exactly what disappointed me is exactly what appeals to other people, so it goes to show you can't keep everyone happy.

I feel indifferent to them as people, I don't really feel I know them enough. I'm sure they are a nice bunch.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It doesn't prevent me from enjoying them, I just don't fucking like them. You are taking other points from my arguement and turning them into your ideas for me not liking them. it's Sillyjism.

You make a point, you back it with reasons. Your point was you don't like Travis, your reasons were that they appealled to certain demographics and this annoyed you. Prior to that it's because they'd shifted away from a genre you appreciated. I think that covers it?

To a certain extent yes, but my reasons for not liking them has more to do with the wishy washy, twee, bland, commercial shite they have been putting out. the fact that this appeals to a certain demographic is merely a back up to my point rather than my point, if that makes sense ?

or we could just agree to disagree.

Dubz

th74
th74 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
Side. Always the #1 on my ipod.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Side. Always the #1 on my ipod.

YES... YES... YES... YES!!!!!!!!!!!