Travis

FAO LURKERS
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 1:30 AM Quote
I would like to ask the lurkers to identify themselves. You can go back to skulking around the board and reading the silly banter without contributing but please, just this once, consider posting.

To me a lurker is someone who comes to the board fairly regularly- say at least once or twice a week and reads lots and lots of threads but posts hardly ever. Perhaps you've been a member since at least the board switch last April but your number of posts is less than 50. Even though you are here often.

Who are you??? I know you're out there!

Re: FAO LURKERS
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
I think sometimes people are scared to jump into already established...I dunno, message board routine. I know that's the case with me sometimes. I've tried to be a better participant, but I only really post in two places. :D

I think what I'm trying to say is, lurkers, I've been there, don't be afraid (If that be the case). We'd love to hear from you. :D

*coaxes lurkers from the shadows with Samoas and Square Tomatoes*

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I think sometimes people are scared to jump into already established...I dunno, message board routine. I know that's the case with me sometimes. I've tried to be a better participant, but I only really post in two places. :D

I think what I'm trying to say is, lurkers, I've been there, don't be afraid (If that be the case). We'd love to hear from you. :D

*coaxes lurkers from the shadows with Samoas and Square Tomatoes*

I get that and can understand that feeling. But I've never seen someone here say, "who are you? you can't post here ms. 32 posts in 6 months!" so while it is understandable I don't think it's a fear people should let stop them from joining in if they want to.

LOL about the square tomatoes.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:08 AM Quote
Well, not necessarily that...but I've seen people lay a good smackdown on newbies for no good reason at all. Like asking a for asking a question, or not liking a certain something or something ridiculous like that. Not necessarily on this board. This board is generally a happy welcoming place, which is why I like it here. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Well, not necessarily that...but I've seen people lay a good smackdown on newbies for no good reason at all. Like asking a for asking a question, or not liking a certain something or something ridiculous like that. Not necessarily on this board. This board is generally a happy welcoming place, which is why I like it here. :)

That's more what I meant. People here don't generally jump down your throat for not knowing the ropes. Except Abs when people ask for travel advice! (kidding girl!)

http://cubefood.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/square_tomato.jpg

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Can I tell you a secret?

I don't even *like* tomatoes.

Hahaha!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:21 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Can I tell you a secret?

I don't even *like* tomatoes.

Hahaha!

Me neither!

By the way, it's funny that two people with tons of posts are posting in the lurkers thread.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:23 AM Quote
well, I still have a long way to go. Unless I go on a posting extravaganza I don't think I'll catch up! ;) Ahh, I was away for too long!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:27 AM Quote
how inviting , some crazy , I mean weird mommy , threatens a few unknowns

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:43 AM Quote
Ah crap, I fit your description of a lurker. (I only have 30 posts.)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:43 AM Quote
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2337/1205437477756lt9.png

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
Great article here about lurkers and that.

Lurkers, come out and post, contribute.

Don't just read and lol at all the funny stuff I say and then bugger off, come and MAKE THE LOLS HAPPEN.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
writing to you all from my aunt's computer...that's how important you all are to me! haha i'm neglecting my cousin as i type!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 3:04 AM Quote
It's 3.04am, my muchacha sleeps peacefully upstairs, yet I'm here practically with one eye open reading the message board.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
everyone tucked away in bed then??

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:24 PM