Travis

Re: clay :)
Free Soul
Free Soul Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 1:22 AM Quote
Going to put my tuppence worth in at the risk of being shot down in flames. I don't think the reasoning behind wanting to see the photo is necessarily creepiness probably just curiousity. However, even though Fran mentions Clay in his live shows and interviews and wrote My Eyes about him, it's worth remembering that Clay's mother Nora who does not court publicity, perhaps does not feel comfortable with the idea of her son's picture being publicised. And as a mother, that is her prerogative. Either way it's their decision to make.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
This is crazy! What's the big deal with wanting to see a picture of Fran's baby? Ok, so they don't know him personally, but they're a fan of the band! Jesus.

Like I said...either way Fran decides is his business. Personally, I probably wouldn't want my child's face plastered all over the Internet but obviously Fran is OK with showing fans pictures of Clay after shows so he's probably a proud Papa!

PLUS he wrote a damn song about him that's on the album, so it's natural for people to be interested.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 2:33 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Nikki wrote:
This is crazy! What's the big deal with wanting to see a picture of Fran's baby? Ok, so they don't know him personally, but they're a fan of the band! Jesus.

Like I said...either way Fran decides is his business. Personally, I probably wouldn't want my child's face plastered all over the Internet but obviously Fran is OK with showing fans pictures of Clay after shows so he's probably a proud Papa!

PLUS he wrote a damn song about him that's on the album, so it's natural for people to be interested.

I don't know what has happened here, I just tried replying to Nikki and I seem to have your message as well as mine, do you get what I mean!!!
I agree with you, this thing has been blown out of proportion. No-one is forcing him to show pics of Clay. If he wants to show pics to the fans, very well. Chill people!
^_^

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 3:30 PM Quote
I know that Fran probably won't show us a pic just thought it would be nice, that's all only wanted to see what mini me fran looked like ;)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
*groan* that's not just creepy that's scary !

and I wish this stupid thread wouldn't bounce up but die !

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
[quote="Ursina"] *groan* that's not just creepy that's scary !

and I wish this stupid thread wouldn't bounce up but die ! [/quote

My opinion, my say, you posting doesn't help

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
[quote="Ursina"] *groan* that's not just creepy that's scary !

and I wish this stupid thread wouldn't bounce up but die ! [/quote

My opinion, my say, you posting doesn't help

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 4:59 PM Quote
well as i started this thred i think i should finish it please let this be the last said on this subject it has been blown right out or proportion. i didnt mean nothing by wanting to see a pic of clay just curiosity thats all so chill out.............

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:47 AM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:
well as i started this thred i think i should finish it please let this be the last said on this subject it has been blown right out or proportion. i didnt mean nothing by wanting to see a pic of clay just curiosity thats all so chill out.............

*slips the Air CD into the drive and chiiiiiiiiiiiiills!*

:)

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

*slips the Air CD into the drive and chiiiiiiiiiiiiills!*

:)

THANKS!! :D

feri
feri Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:32 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
The fact that's you're failing to recognise what we find creepy about this whole thread is EXACTLY what we think is creepy.

It's Nora and Fran's business if they want pictures of Clay in the press and it seems fairly clear that they don't and quite rightly want to shield him from any intrusion.

The fact that people think that Fran's personal life is part and parcel of Travis and it's not unreasonable to be privy to it just because you're a 'Travis fan' is quite frankly worrying

We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

Who is "we"?! I'm a Travis fan, and I'll be honest, I have no interest in seeing the kid's pics, finding out what his first word was, or if he's walking.

I agree with Andrew..I never understood this obsession people have with gfs/wives/kids of musicians!

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
feri wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
The fact that's you're failing to recognise what we find creepy about this whole thread is EXACTLY what we think is creepy.

It's Nora and Fran's business if they want pictures of Clay in the press and it seems fairly clear that they don't and quite rightly want to shield him from any intrusion.

The fact that people think that Fran's personal life is part and parcel of Travis and it's not unreasonable to be privy to it just because you're a 'Travis fan' is quite frankly worrying

We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

Who is "we"?! I'm a Travis fan, and I'll be honest, I have no interest in seeing the kid's pics, finding out what his first word was, or if he's walking.

I agree with Andrew..I never understood this obsession people have with gfs/wives/kids of musicians!

The people in this thread who wanted to see a pic

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 8:07 PM Quote

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
I thought we agreed to let this thread die... :|

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
oh god .. calm the beans..

its not creepy. its natural curiousity.. leave the poor guy/girl alone.

that being said its only right that its up to a parent to shelter a child from something they dont want to expose them to.

but gee.. dont make something out of nothing.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 10:09 PM
Thread Locked