Travis

Need a help about English expression.
mayfly
mayfly Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:08 AM Quote
This is gonna be used as a title of an article in the company broucher. So, should be short and clear.

I suggested this: Rapid progress of the British film industry! (it's just a similar example.)

But my boss turned it down and I have no any other idea. It's not even my job. :(
Anyone else has any good expression which means 'a certain industry in the country has been growing fast and developing its technologies and has a bright future'?

Re: Need a help about English expression.
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
so in keeping with your example on the film industry couldn't you just say "british film industry flourishing" ??

mayfly
mayfly Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:44 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
so in keeping with your example on the film industry couldn't you just say "british film industry flourishing" ??

Ah, thank you, goosey. :D
That's very good but I must have given you a wrong example. Sorry. It's related to engineering. So, the example should be like: Rapid progress of British shipbuilding industry
I need words with a meaning of achieved technical development fast and progressing now on.
What the hell is the proper words?

spid
spid Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
mayfly wrote:
This is gonna be used as a title of an article in the company broucher. So, should be short and clear.

I suggested this: Rapid progress of the British film industry! (it's just a similar example.)

But my boss turned it down and I have no any other idea. It's not even my job. :(
Anyone else has any good expression which means 'a certain industry in the country has been growing fast and developing its technologies and has a bright future'?

How about - Techno Boom time in Shipyard?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
Can you be more specific about what type of engineering it is? That might help. I still like flourishing. I also think it would be better to say "Rapid Progress IN the blah blah blah."

Rapid Advances in the blah blah?

Countrygent
Countrygent Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
BRITISH FILM ROCKETS!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
spid wrote:
mayfly wrote:

How about - Techno Boom time in Shipyard?

LOL! That conjours up an image of a bunch of dock workers busting a move to German Euro pop!

feri
feri Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 7:19 AM Quote
Blossoming Future of British Film Industry
Booming Future of British Film Industry
British Invasion of The Film Industry

I know the last one is about music ..but oh well lol I tried!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:52 PM