Travis

Re: fao those who have heard the new stuff
lozm
lozm Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
lozm wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
lozm wrote:
Before you were young was great, I really hope it makes the album.

What was it like? Happy, Tied to the 90's? Coming Around, Sing? Or Blue Flashing Light? I know its probably not easy but if you had to pick a song, what would you say it was like?

If I had to pick one probably More Than Us (Sorry I know it wasn't on the list). Fran on the acoustic guitar, it was the song Neil used the massive gong in.

No my list was only to give you an idea of what i meant. :) Thats interesting. Thought the songs were aggressive and rocky... Was it different to the others then?

The first few were rocky, a few of them werent especially rocky, including Before you were here.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
lozm wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
lozm wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
lozm wrote:
Before you were young was great, I really hope it makes the album.

What was it like? Happy, Tied to the 90's? Coming Around, Sing? Or Blue Flashing Light? I know its probably not easy but if you had to pick a song, what would you say it was like?

If I had to pick one probably More Than Us (Sorry I know it wasn't on the list). Fran on the acoustic guitar, it was the song Neil used the massive gong in.

No my list was only to give you an idea of what i meant. :) Thats interesting. Thought the songs were aggressive and rocky... Was it different to the others then?

The first few were rocky, a few of them werent especially rocky, including Before you were here.

Oh right ok. Thanks! Can't wait to hear them.

JohnSmith
JohnSmith Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
I might have a compilation video of the best bits of the new album from Portsmouth available sometime tomorrow.
I am currently working on the editing in my spare time between lots of work. It is well worth the wait. Excellent songs!

I will not post it however if Fran says that he doesn't want me to.
This will not be the whole songs, just samples of what they sound like.

The best songs? -
Before You Were Young (Gong song), Quite Free (Accordion song), J. Smith, Get Up, Long Way Down, Friends

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
JohnSmith wrote:
I might have a compilation video of the best bits of the new album from Portsmouth available sometime tomorrow.
I am currently working on the editing in my spare time between lots of work. It is well worth the wait. Excellent songs!

The best songs? -
Before You Were Young (Gong song), Quite Free (Accordion song), J. Smith, Get Up, Long Way Down, Friends

Cool!

I like 'get up'. They should make some travis alarm clocks with that on. I liked the first few songs as well.

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
I will know the answer after tomorrows nottingham gig :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
JohnSmith wrote:

The best songs? -

Wow, very cool!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 3:19 AM Quote
JohnSmith wrote:

The best songs? -

i agree, but i add chinese blues too...
so, quiet free is a good one. I don`t know, but i remember when Andy was playing an accordion in last TBWNN recording.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
JohnSmith wrote:

The best songs? -

Thank you very much Mr. Smith! A video compilation would be very much appreciated! And thanks for letting us know which is the gong song and which features the accordion!!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
From the vids that are up it seems the songs are all linked in that order and stuff, i think that on there own one or two sound weak but as a whole set it really works so id like to see them all make it. Some of the stuff is really heavy but keeping the melodic elemnt i think They Have Really Let Andy lose over the songs its amazing. I really cant wait now i so wish id traveld to these gigs to experiance this for myself.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 12:04 PM Quote
Having watched the videos i prefer the more rock out tracks. I really think they need to release those as the singles. Would hopefully change peoples opinions on Travis. We all know they can rock better and louder than Keane, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Embrace but i think the general opinion is that Travis are more quiet and 'boring' compared to those lot. I'd love the lads to show 'em how its done! lol Especially as all those bands are releasing new albums this year. And Oasis too. Maybe Travis's album will be more of a rocker than that! That would be great.

Don't know the title but i love this one (after 30 seconds) http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=gceDNEiE3fM

Hopefully that works! Oh i hate computers. lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
OH! He's saying Long Way Down! Haha. Thats it then. I LOVE Long Way Down. My fave of the new ones.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:28 AM