Ahh yes, that's the most important one!

Re: Things We've Learned on the Board
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 11:50 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

- That LA steals SF's water xD.

Ahh yes, that's the most important one!

Hear that goosey ? Latin America & Eastern Europe know !

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 11:58 PM Quote
There ARE lots of ridiculously nice people around, you just have to know where to look.

Really like it here.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
There ARE lots of ridiculously nice people around, you just have to know where to look.

Really like it here.

I totally agree Senor Esteban.

And I thought of something else I've learned:

almost everyone needs to grow a pair.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 1:11 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Really like it here.

I totally agree Senor Esteban.

And so do I! Lots of kind and friendly people around... it's a breath of freash air!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Really like it here.

I concur! (:oP)

I forgot a very important thing:
Thanks to this messageboard I met my first and best LA friend. And I also learned a lot about peanut butter.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 1:37 AM Quote
And I also learned a lot about peanut butter.

I have a question about peaunut butter! Is it the same as "relleno de bon-o-bon"? Someone said that once to me, but I'm not sure...

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
mmm your stories are way funnier than mine, i've just learned that groin sounds a lot better than balls (thanks katye!)

mmm also that american people are way too nice :) and their spanish improves every day

of course, the different traditions all around the world, andddd weird english/spanish/argentinian phrases which i use in my daily life now :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:18 AM Quote
Lu122 wrote:
And I also learned a lot about peanut butter.

I have a question about peaunut butter! Is it the same as "relleno de bon-o-bon"? Someone said that once to me, but I'm not sure...

No, it's not. Peanut butter is not sweet! (That's a very important thing I've learned xD). It tastes like peanut without added salt. It's savoury.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:24 AM Quote
No, it's not. Peanut butter is not sweet! (That's a very important thing I've learned xD). It tastes like peanut without added salt. It's savoury.

True but it's generally considered a treat and is often paired with sweet things like jelly for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, put inside a chocolate candy bar (Reeses pieces or Reeses peanut butter cups or Butterfingers), or used to make peanut butter cookies. I recently helped a friend make peanut butter frosting for a birthday cake. I think peanut butter is one of the most wonderful substances in the world. I heart George Washington Carver for inventing it.

(the fact that I know who invented it is a sign of my devotion, I'm sure)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:27 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

True but it's generally considered a treat and is often paired with sweet things like jelly for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, put inside a chocolate candy bar (Reeses pieces or Reeses peanut butter cups or Butterfingers), or used to make peanut butter cookies. I recently helped a friend make peanut butter frosting for a birthday cake. I think peanut butter is one of the most wonderful substances in the world. I heart George Washington Carver for inventing it.

(the fact that I know who invented it is a sign of my devotion, I'm sure)

Haha, yes it is :o)

I liked more the peanut butter cookies I made than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I think it's a very "cultural" thing, which makes the whole "peanut butter experience" very exciting!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Yes peanut butter is most definitely a cultural thing. When I lived in Germany in the 90s they all thought I was crazy.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
uhhh i always see peanut butter when i go to the supermarket, but i've never bought it cause it's a bit expensive (cause it's not a very usual meal here), but once a get my first pay check, I'll buy a bunch to try it with toasts! (yep, going to spend all mi money on peanut buttttter, is it possible? haha) they always show peanut butter and banana sandwiches on tv :( don't know which one is better though :S peanut butter or the other tipe (with pieces of peanut?)
gonna try both anyway lol

second favourite website after this board :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
I've never heard of that website! Thanks for that link. I shall now be spending all of my time there, I'm sure.

I know you can get it most places now but I don't think it is as beloved as it is here. (though of course many don't like it and many are allergic)

So you aren't sure whether to get smooth or crunchy (the kind with peanut bits in it). That is tough and is a very personal decision. I generally prefer smooth but I'll eat crunchy too.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Tue 05 Feb, 2008 2:59 AM Quote
mmm i saw smooth peanut butter and it looked delicious, but then, besides it, it was the crunchy one (thankssss), sooo i guess i'll buy a small quantity of both, and then let you know my final resolution of this tough, personal decision ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:06 PM