Travis

Re: Super Bowl XLII
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
never been a fan of The American football , just tactics from the Civil War to me

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
The only thing I like about that, is the break, when artists sing! XD

But my father loves american football, I just don't understand the rules..And I don't understand why pepole love to hurt each other..anyway..

I hope you'll enjoy the game, I'll be sleeping when it will start..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
haz wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I'm not as crazy about football...

huh? whaddaya, crazy?

:D

Hehe. Well...the Detroit Lions suck and have sucked for YEARS. So go Wings! :P

Another reason to root for the Patriots: if they win they'll have not lost a game all season. It'll make for a better story and they'll go down in history as one of the best teams ever assembled.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

The Andrex Premiership - Soft and excessively expensive

Copyright Lawrence Dallaglio, I saw that Top Gear too ;-)

Seriously, any American football fan who calls 'soccer' (LOL) soft wants to look at the padding and protection that their players are afforded (FULL BODY SUIT, HELMET, SHOULDER PADS ETC), then look at the protection that 'soccer' (LOL) players are afforded (SHIN PADS), then fucking wise the fuck up. If I lived in the US, the only game you'd see me at would be baseball, because the MLS is shite.

Quick question, how much does a ticket to all these sports cost? American football, Ice hockey, Baseball, MLS. Anyone know? Just curious.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

The Andrex Premiership - Soft and excessively expensive

Quick question, how much does a ticket to all these sports cost? American football, Ice hockey, Baseball, MLS. Anyone know? Just curious.

Playoff tickets to any pro sporting event are insanely expensive here...but a regular season game is affordable. It also depends on how well the team is doing. My uncle has upper level, center ice season tickets for the Red Wings and it's about $42 per seat. For the playoffs, my boyfriend and I paid over $100 a seat to see the Wings play the Flames first round last year...and that was upper level behind the net! :/

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 1:10 AM Quote
Yer all a bunch of Homo's

GAA is the way, no protection and totally amateur, no wages and these guys don't even get paid they play for their county.

International Rules

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
Bleck, what a boring game. Sooooooo boring.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 3:08 AM Quote
BEST FOOKIN' SUPER BOWL EVER!

GOOOOOO GIANTS!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 4:25 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yer all a bunch of Homo's

Thats funny !

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 4:54 AM Quote
...i can't believe i missed the last quarter!

eff.

my tio won $6,000 though!! :D

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 5:04 AM Quote
Yes, Love for the Giants! That last drive was Sweet, especially the play where Eli nearly got sacked then threw it to the guy who caught it against his helmet. That's some good karma right there.

And yeah, the game was pretty dull until the last few drives! And the Pats lost by that field goal, they should have gone for on fourth down. I knew that was going to come back and bite them right in the ass.

:D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
What about the end! The Pat's coach storming onto the field! Oh my god... at first it was dead boring, but then it was awesome.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
What about the end! The Pat's coach storming onto the field! Oh my god... at first it was dead boring, but then it was awesome.

I know! What was his deal? They already had the gatorade all over the field ;) Heh, I guess he wanted to get his guys out of there asap since they lost and they still had to run that last play to make it "official" It only kicked into exciting mode in the last five minutes or so! I was falling asleep then it was suddenly this crazy nail biter.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 5:44 AM Quote
Haha, even after the Gatorade dumping and what not. That was funny. The coach was all wet and shit and he had to go back to the side lines to run the last play.

feri
feri Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:17 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Baseball tickets seem cheap compared to hockey cuz let's face it not many people care about baseball lol...hockey tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leafs are expensive...some even 400 bucks!!!!!!!!!!

and to reply to this thread..Ive never got into american football and super bowl...I find it all really boring..I think I've watched less than an hour of superbowl in the past 10 years...

If ONLY soccer (oops sorry I mean real football lol) was popular in north america...I wish I could follow up with teams like real madrid and manchester..arsenal..etc

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:48 PM