Travis

PORTSMOUTH TICKET WANTED
givizeta
givizeta Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 9:49 AM Quote
hi, me and my wife are coming from italy ...
i've already bought the fly-ticket to london, the nationalexpress ticket from london to portsmouth and back, and i'm booking the hotel (probably the ibis in portsmouth) ...
does anyone have two tickets to sell ... i'm trying on ebay but it would be better to have a private who sell me, so i'm sure to have the tickets ...
and i hate ebay sellers.
please let me know as soon as possible
giuseppe

Re: PORTSMOUTH TICKET WANTED
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
You are very optimistic to arrange a trip before you have tickets! I can't help you but I wish you luck.

emma10
emma10 Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
Hi

I'm recommend phoning the venue if possible or seetickets who were selling tickets to see if they have any if anyone has returned tickets - I cancelled my tickets at one of the venues as I can't now go (going to Nottingham still!) so presumably the venue will re-sell these.

Otherwise ebay is your best option. Best of luck finding tickets!

givizeta
givizeta Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
nothing new?
i'm still waiting for a miracle and found two tickets ...

Atmo1
Atmo1 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
I'd suggest you don't buy tickets for this gig on Ebay. The Wedgewood Rooms have a "zero tolerance" (their words not mine) of any tickets bought via Ebay and at recent gigs they have been turning lots of people away when they have known the serial numbers of tickets that have been re-sold. Honestly. They also told me that if they can trace any of the sellers on Ebay they do not send them their original tickets and cancel their orders. I was really calm when I rang them but the guy who answered was getting more and more uncomfortable when I kept asking questions. When I asked what they planned to do with all the tickets that they would not be sending to Ebay sellers he said they would re-sell them, so I obviously asked how I could find out when to ring to buy one, to which he replied that he did not "want to prolong our conversation" and said goodbye! Hope the guys don't end up playing to a less than full room on this "sold out" tour, as a load of unhappy people stand outside in the street.

steadyeddie100
steadyeddie100 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
I got exactly the same vibe from them.
I am not going to chance buying from ebay as it will be a waste of money and only lead to disappointment.

Atmo1 wrote:
I'd suggest you don't buy tickets for this gig on Ebay. The Wedgewood Rooms have a "zero tolerance" (their words not mine) of any tickets bought via Ebay and at recent gigs they have been turning lots of people away when they have known the serial numbers of tickets that have been re-sold. Honestly. They also told me that if they can trace any of the sellers on Ebay they do not send them their original tickets and cancel their orders. I was really calm when I rang them but the guy who answered was getting more and more uncomfortable when I kept asking questions. When I asked what they planned to do with all the tickets that they would not be sending to Ebay sellers he said they would re-sell them, so I obviously asked how I could find out when to ring to buy one, to which he replied that he did not "want to prolong our conversation" and said goodbye! Hope the guys don't end up playing to a less than full room on this "sold out" tour, as a load of unhappy people stand outside in the street.

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
I'm going next week. Should be amazing.

Just wondering if older people are likely to be welcome as my parents may actually be going along now as well?

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
Jimmy_Jimmy wrote:

Just wondering if older people are likely to be welcome as my parents may actually be going along now as well?

Of course they're welcome! :P
Everybody is welcome to a travis gig! *_*

givizeta
givizeta Posted Sat 02 Feb, 2008 8:46 AM Quote
ok ... i made my decision ...
i will no longer offer for an ebay auction!!!!!
but ...
as i have already bought the ticket from london to portsmouth (and back), i will come the night of the gig ...
i hope outside the club i will find two spare tickets ...
better try than nothing

and, obviously, if anyone of you have some spare tickets please let me know ... it would be a really nice "gift" for me and my wife coming from italy ...
see you in portsmouth ...
giuseppe

givizeta
givizeta Posted Sat 02 Feb, 2008 8:52 AM Quote
... and just to let you know ...
there are lots of people selling tickets for portsmouth gig all around the web, at a crazy price, we're talking about £80 per ticket (the cheaper one), i've found one who sell a tickets at $290 ...
but ebay is the DEEEEEEVIIIIIIL ...

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Sat 02 Feb, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Jimmy_Jimmy wrote:

Of course they're welcome! :P
Everybody is welcome to a travis gig! *_*

Cool. :) I told them they would be but they weren't sure.

Its their first Travis gig and their first gig for a few years.

6 days to go.

givizeta
givizeta Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
thanks to DavidS we've found one ticket for this gig ...
we still need one so if someone have just one spare ticket please let us know ... anyway we'll go outside the club searching for the one missing ...
sorry for being so boring but we really want to come ...

givizeta
givizeta Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 9:45 AM Quote
craig is trying to sell me the one he have ('cause he can't go) but he don't have ticket in hand ...
somebody of you knows if i can collect the ticket from the venue instead of him, maybe he can give me his receipt but obviously the name is different ...
anyway (as i've told millions and millions time) i'll come and i hope to find JUST ONE TICKET outiside the club.
thanks everybody

givizeta
givizeta Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 1:41 PM Quote
thanks to Craig and DavidS we have the two ticket missing!
see you everybody friday in portsmouth ...
giuseppe & monica

mili
mili Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
Good news, hope you enjoy the show!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:34 AM