Travis

Re: F*cking Roomates
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 1:10 AM Quote

:oO!!!!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 2:20 AM Quote
Yikes! Wasn't there a scene like that in the movie Shallow Grave?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 5:17 AM Quote
Aw!!!

Worse spot to end it!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 6:30 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

OMG! Yes... too creepy. Then they'll be a suitcase of money left over and Dub... I mean Stuart and his roommate Vicky are going to grow apart and eventually try to off each other to gain control of the money... WOOPS! I just ruined the ending to this story.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 8:03 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

OMG! Yes... too creepy. Then they'll be a suitcase of money left over and Dub... I mean Stuart and his roommate Vicky are going to grow apart and eventually try to off each other to gain control of the money... WOOPS! I just ruined the ending to this story.

Haha, I hope it doesn't turn out to be that violent:P

The Curious Case of the Disappearing Flatmate
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 12:14 PM Quote
Chapter 7 Charlie Sez: Always tell somebody before you go off somewhere

Peter had arrived back at the flat with the keys to the rooms, they were both a bit apprehensive about opening the room door, just in case. However open it they did, upon entering the room it was extremely tidy, not just tidy but almost clinical. It really was quite freaky, the bedclothes had been folded and placed on top of the bed, there were a few things lying on the bedside table, books, DVDs etc. Peter thought this was a sign he would be back and thought they should just lock the room back up. However Stuart was less convinced, he decided to open the wardrobes... No clothes whatsoever not even a pair of socks. It was at this point the lads knew he was gone. Stuart and Peter decide the best thing to do was to lock the room back up just in case by some weird reason he did come back. It was the bank holiday so Tony had until Tuesday to show his face.

Amy had asked Stuart to let her know what they found when they opened the room. She arrived back at the flat late on Monday, Stuart explained that they had opened the room but had locked it again just in case he was coming back. Amy knew in her heart he was gone. She told Stuart that Apple were ready to call his emergency number and start a search. She had also managed to track down a girl friend or girlfriend of Tony’s whom he had lunch with the previous Tuesday, the day he disappeared. She had told Amy and Apple that this lunch was around 12:00 on Tuesday, When he told Amy and colleagues he was in the hospital. Amy explained she had called the Hospital on Thursday and they had no records of any such person, hearing the fear in Amy’s voice the hospital had agreed to check all other hospitals in the Dubai area. No records were found anywhere. Just as she was explaining all this Vicky returned home, after Amy had left Stuart, his girlfriend and Vicky all agreed that the one person they all felt really sorry for in this whole situation was Amy. Would she ever trust a man again ??

Tuesday arrived and still no sign of Tony. Peter the landlord decided that he was clearing out the room and actually showed it that evening to a prospective tenant, who didn’t take it. He put all of the things that had been left in Tony’s room into a bag which Stuart searched later. The DVDs and books had belonged to Stuart, the other stuff was crap, nothing personal or any clues to where he had gone. The only thing of interest was some pills. Could these explain anything Stuart searched the web for clues the pills were called Bromhexin, was he suffering from kidney stones or a manic depressive or perhaps he was suffering from something else. But alas no, Bromhexin was simply a steroid used in colds/flu it stems the flow of mucus (lovely). Over the next couple of weeks the room has been shown several times, No one has been interested, Is it cursed... The weirdo room!!

Dubz
*Edit* I'll post an Epilogue later

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 2:25 PM Quote
Well, there goes my theory. I figured Tony was on some kind of drugs, since he was always complaining about being exhausted, but always seemed to be up early, scurrying about (and making many trips to the bathroom) on days when he could have been sleeping late.

Superb tale. I'm kinda bummed that it's ending.

The Curious case of the Disappearing Flatmate
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
Epilogue
There are so many things that do not add up about Tony...

Did his dad really die ? We only have his word for it, why did the message on face book appear stating he was enjoying himself with his ex fiancé.

How did he manage to get his stepmother barred from Finland ? surely this would take months and tons of paperwork.

Why did he tell Amy he had Kidney Stones ? But mentioned nothing of these to Stuart or Vicky.

He told the Landlord he was having trouble with bank accounts/money/resettlement bonus ? But Amy confirm this was all nonsense, had Tony been planning this all along.

Why lock the room door once he’d gone? He was gone there was no reason to cause hassle to everyone by leaving the door locked.

Vicky is a little dramatic and hopes he’s still alive, that he hasn’t decided to end it all or lying in a ditch/shallow grave somewhere. Stuart had suggested that due to his behaviour at times there was a possibility he was bi-polar and perhaps a little unstable, Vicky had agreed this was a possibility. The only thing Vicky was concerned about is the father’s passing, being a bit religious she hopes he will burn in hell if he is lying about his Dad.

Stuart is a little more sceptical, €6000 is a lot of money in Indonesia, and that’s only the money they know about, If his Dad had passed away had Tony inherited anything ?

A couple of days ago Peter the Landlord was talking to a local B&B owner where Tony had stayed before moving in, she had nothing bad to say about Tony, “He was a lovely young man, It’s just a shame that he doesn’t get to see his wife and kids!!” Does Tony have family elsewhere ??

Or perhaps Stuart and Vicky are that difficult to live with it drives the people who take that particular room mad ??

The End (or is it??)

Stuart mac an Breitheamhnaigh

*Edit* Please feel free to add thoughts, theories or anything else you or anyone else may think of this. (Ric can use them in the screenplay)

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 2:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well, there goes my theory. I figured Tony was on some kind of drugs, since he was always complaining about being exhausted, but always seemed to be up early, scurrying about (and making many trips to the bathroom) on days when he could have been sleeping late.

Superb tale. I'm kinda bummed that it's ending.

Perhaps he was, perhaps he had a massive habit and owed someone big time, he could be sleeping with the fishes in a pair of concrete wellies, Or perhaps he's a mule ??

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 3:21 PM Quote
Tony is a compulsive liar. I doubt he has a wife and kids. He probably made them up at a time it was convenient. It's easier not to have a wife and kids and say you do, than to have a wife and kids and pretend you don't.

The kidney stones. Aren't kidney stones supposed to be more painful than childbirth? Unless they were really teeny tiny and caught early, I don't think they could be ignored. I mean, I'm not a doctor, but from what I've heard. My bet is he's healthy as a horse. A healthy horse, that is.

Why lock the door when he left? The locked door was a road block to give him a head start. He is experienced in fleeing the scene, maZn.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 19 May, 2009 4:08 PM Quote
I was really hoping that he was going to take up with the ex stepmother. I agree with Kayte that he is a compulsive liar.

Regarding kidney stones they are quite painful. I actually had kidney stones the same week I had Catherine. (sidenote: I found childbirth worse) But sometimes they take awhile to pass. It can be weeks that you are having episodes on and off. (my father-in-law is currently going through this)

I'm sure anyone who knows Tony would tell a different (at least slightly) tale in terms of what Tony told them about his life. What a weirdo!!!!

I have a question for Stuart. Did he tell Tony he was free to borrow his books/DVDs or was this a surprise to find them on his nightstand? Did they have any face cream on them? Even if he was using them without asking it was nice that he left them.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 20 May, 2009 6:38 AM Quote
Very weird situation. Sounds like Tony definetly had a mental problem or two, drug related or not. Hopefully one day you'll find out what happened to him.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 6:39 PM Quote

Just had a thought how the feck did Tony manage to move freely between Indonesia and Ireland, I'm positive you need a schengen visa for that and those take ages to organize.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:38 PM Quote
Vicky and Stuart must be nutters who have turned it into a freaky room... there has been another development not involving Tony but his replacement Peter....

Stay tuned.....

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:41 PM Quote
Oh, I'm so glad. All my shows have concluded for the summer.

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:13 AM