Travis

Re: Heath Ledger
Moray
Moray Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

How the fuck can he play the Joker??

The last Batman Film was Batman Begins, yeah?, We've already seen the joker created, it was Jack Nicholson, I seen it, I'm sure of it.

Dubz

yes. that's the salient point of this news story that required expanding upon?!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:25 PM Quote

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:OwmpTOwBbtARlM:http://www.dogmaticblog.com/images/movies/the_joker.jpg

Trailer

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
*sigh* Dubz, we mean this one

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
I'm gutted. I loved that man ='(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

The last Batman Film was Batman Begins, yeah?, We've already seen the joker created, it was Jack Nicholson, I seen it, I'm sure of it.

Dubz

People are dying all over the world, while we've been reading this stuff there's probably thousands have died... but hey they weren't in "Bareback" Mountain so they don't matter. eh?

I'm sorry someone is dead but hey others are dead through no fault of their own, he's messing with drugs, you pays your money you takes your chance.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

People are dying all over the world, while we've been reading this stuff there's probably thousands have died... but hey they weren't in "Bareback" Mountain so they don't matter. eh?

I'm sorry someone is dead but hey others are dead through no fault of their own, he's messing with drugs, you pays your money you takes your chance.

Dubz

You know what, I think we all realize people die all over the world all the time. That's not the point. You can still show some respect.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
Just letting people know , nobody is saying its more important.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Dubz

You know what, I think we all realize people die all over the world all the time. That's not the point. You can still show some respect.

I DID SAY I WAS SORRY SOMEONE WAS DEAD, I'm just fed up that just because he's famous it's huge news but when it's some old guy dies from hypothermia cause he's sleeping on the streets , no one gives a sh!t, how about some respect for him ??

No, because he's obviously not as important.

Nikki, I totally respect your views, and admire your enthusiasm in becoming a journalist but this is the kind of sh!t that pisses me off. Not the actual tragic death of a young man but the outpouring of grief from people who don't even know the man. He could have been deeply troubled, mentally ill or perhaps just an arse, we don't know.

btw Gladders, I wasn't gettin' at you either, this is a public board you can post what ya like.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
Nobody said other people dying wasnt important. Also their hasnt been any outpouring of grief.
But as long as you feel the better for your rant :)

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
It's sad when anyone dies but it's hard to grieve for people you have never even heard of. Heath has made some great films and it's not just because he is famous that it's sad. It's sad because he was a young guy with a baby who had the rest of his life ahead of him. N even if he has taken his own life with drugs, you still have to feel sorry for him to have gotten so low in the first place.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
I'd feel more sorry for the child who will grow up without her father.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
People leave people all the time, there's a bit were Eddie Izzard talks about Diana dying and leaving two sons, His father said his own mother died when he was seven...

No one gave a shit.

Didn't mean to rant (well not too much) but was only trying to bring a bit of equilibrium to the subject.

Dubz

btw if you all want to think I'm an unfeeling hurtful bastard, then that's fine too. I know I'm a good person

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I'd feel more sorry for the child who will grow up without her father.

A child who will never have his/her Dad, which to me, makes the drug aspect even more tragic as it could have been avoided.

Dubz

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
I doubt u are an unfeeling hurtful bastard but im sure if u had ever even heard of him u may have been more concerned.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
I don't think it's who's dead, and whether you know them or not that is the issue, it's the media coverage of such a thing that can seem very over-the-top.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:50 AM