Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:12 PM Quote
Over modulation resulting in distortion, which is quite ironic as I'm trying to listen to Mogwai.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 6:17 PM Quote
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music. Ughhh.

mili
mili Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 10:17 PM Quote
February weather in November.

At the moment it's -15 °C, 15 cm of snow, more like February. B***dy cold, nasty wind and way too much snow. And it's supposed to continue for weeks! The cold records have been broken. I believe in the town they measured below - 30 °C this week they had over +30 °C last summer, it's like living in Siberia!

Global warming, my foot!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 11:25 PM Quote
mili wrote:

At the moment it's -15 °C, 15 cm of snow, more like February. B***dy cold, nasty wind and way too much snow. And it's supposed to continue for weeks! The cold records have been broken. I believe in the town they measured below - 30 °C this week they had over +30 °C last summer, it's like living in Siberia!

Global warming, my foot!

Is that not what's suppossed to happen, warmer (and wetter) summers and colder winters.

The thunder & lightning in Dublin woke me up at 4am this morn. two hours later it was snowing.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 8:03 AM Quote
Finnair air hostesses, who are going on strike today. I was supposed to go to Zürich tomorrow, but now it's pretty unlikely. I'd like to get a confirmation that the flight is cancelled, so I can start making new plans.

mili
mili Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 8:52 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
mili wrote:

Global warming, my foot!

Is that not what's suppossed to happen, warmer (and wetter) summers and colder winters.

Dubz

One time it was said that here winters were supposed to become warmer and wetter, and summers warmer. This is the second hard winter in a row, assuming it continues like this. I think the term Global Warming was changed into Climate Change to cover all possibilities. Personally I believe humans have very little to do with the whole thing, the change is mainly natural.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 12:55 AM Quote
In the last few days i've had both a male friend and female friend say - "he's/she's out of my league". (not about each other) I'm not sure why hearing that annoys me, but it does. Don't think such things people!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 1:48 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
In the last few days i've had both a male friend and female friend say - "he's/she's out of my league". (not about each other) I'm not sure why hearing that annoys me, but it does. Don't think such things people!

pot, meet kettle.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:34 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

pot, meet kettle.

never heard it put that way . I heard it as the pot calling the kettle black

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:45 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

pot, meet kettle.

Yea but i'm allowed to think like that now and again. Despite my amazing handsomeness and boyish charm ;) i'm riddled with issues.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:49 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

pot, meet kettle.

Yea but i'm allowed to think like that now and again. Despite my amazing handsomeness and boyish charm ;) i'm riddled with issues.

If you're allowed to be annoyed at people thinking that then I'm allowed to be annoyed at you for thinking that.

Ric, I've heard the other way too.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:01 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

pot, meet kettle.

If you're allowed to be annoyed at people thinking that then I'm allowed to be annoyed at you for thinking that.

But the difference is i'm mostly only really interested in girls who really are out of my league. My friends however, they were talking about people who are joe average.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:50 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

pot, meet kettle.

But the difference is i'm mostly only really interested in girls who really are out of my league. My friends however, they were talking about people who are joe average.

http://thevibe.socialvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rolling_eyes_phone.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Feb, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
The absolute apathy and dispondency I feel towards my beloved football club at the moment.

I have spent months, practically the whole of last year defending my club, it's manager, it's players even it's Board of Directors as I really believed that they were working for the good of the club at heart. After the dismal showing against Hibs (our closest rivals) on Sunday I cannot do this anymore, it's like trying to help an addict, you can only pick them up so many times and you can only have your support/backing shoved back in your face so often. Hibs hadn't won a game since November... enter Saint Mirren (two weeks ago). Hibs have not scored away from home this year enter Saint Mirren (Sunday), Hibs haven't beaten Saint Mirren at home in 12 years...guess what. 6 points lost to our closest rivals is unacceptable, Hibs were there for the taking and our club and manager "SHAT IT", they played for a draw and were rewarded with a last gasp goal against them. Serves them fucking right. Our Manager is out of his depth, Our Board of Directors are uninterested and want out, Our players have publicly admitted they "Bottle it" Well Danny Lennon & John Potter as manager and captain it's up to you to instil confidence in our players. Guess how our club prepared for a match against our closest rivals, who we failed to turn up against a week and a half before... Did the manager make them watch a video of that game, going over and over the tactics and mistakes made last time... No they did Fucking Not, They sat or their fucking useless holes watching an Old (in)Firm game. I have no problem with them supporting one of Glasgow's ugly sisters but I do have a fucking problem with them watching it when they are about to take to the field in a game that could ultimately decide their survival in Scotland's top flight.

This is a club that for many years have made me Roar, Cry, Scream, Cheer, Laugh, I sat and watched them beat Septic 4-0, I sat and watched them lose a national cup final to a 9 man Rankers team.This club is a part of my life and probably affects who I am... but right now I am sorry to say I couldn't give a Monkey's Flying Fuck what happens over the next few games.

Dubz

missmoo
missmoo Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 9:20 PM Quote
HI all... haven't been on for a good while. Hope your all well. Anyway, my teeth are hurting like hell every morning as I'm grinding them in my sleep! Got to get that sorted.

Pages Previous 1...44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:35 AM