Travis

Re: What stuff would you like in the new album?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 5:51 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Nooo! Too many left outs :oP

I was trying to get it down to 12 and I couldn't, lol.

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 8:34 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
choke the chicken wrote:
Maybe a piano based song too - I love Sad Song, and the piano solo in Good Feeling

oh seconded!

Count me in. I love Some Sad Song. A new piano based song from Fran would be great. Or maybe Andy, he's quite good on the piano if I remember correctly. Might not fit in with the rockier vibe the album is supposed to have though.

I just remembered that my favourite piano based song is Falling Down, and that certainly did fit on a rockier album

Biffy Clyro's latest album puzzle, and the likes of Muse, manage to fit piano based songs quite well inside albums a lot heavier than Travis

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 3:45 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Nikki wrote:
A lot of the songs from The White Album are brilliant, but it's far from a cohesive album. It's really all over the place. It's probably really hard to pull off a double album, but I don't think it's impossible and if any band can do it, Travis can in my opinion. But I'm cool with 12 amazing new songs! :O)

I agree.
The White Album is one of my favourite Beatles albums, but yes, it's not cohesive.

to me , It's the WHITE ALBUM . Thats the way it is can't change history .

but double albums are fine if there's enough great tracks , white album has great tracks , just some better then others .

not too old great non live double, Being There -Wilco

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Sorry if someone has already said this but, more Dougie vocals, possibly?

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
You guys really are "born to rock" so we need to up things a bit and make it a gritty, rocky album, along the lines of Good feeling! Some really fab Andy solos pleeeeease.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times UTC Current Time 8:55 PM