Travis

Selfish and Selfless
Dal
Dal Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:00 PM Quote
Hello

One of my final year projects at university I have chosen to do a project focusing on theme of Selfish and Selfless - loosely based upon the 'Random Acts of Selfishness' that has been posted by Fran.

I was hoping that you would have time to answer a quick questionnaire which is part of the research side of the project.

---------------
Project outline

Selfish and Selfless is the starting point of a collaborative project of 2 graphic and media design students from the London College of Communication.

This project is the basis of a major project which aims to explore and document acts of both selfish and selfless.

The purpose of this questionnaire is to allow other people to contribute on a mass scale in terms of the project to build and document a wide amount or research as part of this project.

Please note that by taking part you are allowing us to use your answers as part of our research. This is for educational purposes only and we will not be producing anything which will be sold for monetary value

Questionnaire

1. Could you explain what Selfish and Selfless means to you?

2. Can you name an act of Selfish and an act of Selfless?

3. What was the last selfish/selfless thing you did? and how did it make you feel?

4. What are your opinions in how acts of being Selfish are recorded in the media?

5. Do you think that Selflessness is ignored within our society?

6. How do you feel that we could promote the notion of being Selfless?

---------------

Thanks

Dal

we also have a flickr group where you can post photographs.

Also if you do not want your answers public you can PM me

Re: Selfish and Selfless
minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
(sorry if my English is not clear; I speak Spanish)

Perhaps may be dumb answers but here we go any way…

1. i think that in both there’s a sacrifice; in selfishness the sacrifice is for your pleasure or interest; in selflessness the sacrifice is for someone or something else, not for you.
2. The using of time is an occasion for being selfish or selfless; for example, your mamma might be sacrificing her time and body doing for you all the needing so you can have a comfortable and pleasuring meal, while you are here having fun. That’s, for me, selfishness. In selflessness you sacrifice being here, so you can share the sacrifice of your mum, helping her. The sacrifice in this last case, are both, for someone else.
3. Take the selfish example and place it on me, here and now. Empty.
4. Recorded as something you “sometimes” ought to do for you, and your psychological health. “A time for you…”
5. Yes; is being misunderstood.
6. Practicing selflessness for good aims; no matter what other think of you.

Bye! Good wishes for your project :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:24 PM