Travis

   
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
spid
Posts: 906
spid Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:


WOw - you go girl!!! Lovely guitar (almost looks like a small cello) loved the chorus and the minor key. Cracking voice too!
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
bara
Posts: 710
bara Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 9:25 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
bara wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
bara wrote:
can someone just tell me whats happening here? Think I missed it.
Whats about this friend-song-thing?


Fran posted the lyrics to his new song "Friends" in his blog. Someone got the idea of writing their own music to go along with it. Fran liked the idea and asked people to make their own versions and post them so we could all hear.


ah thx .sounds cool. .. frans got a blog? link please?!


*sighs* It's more like Fran had a blog, it's not been very active recently.



okay. then i have some more time to read it ;) *cough*
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
bara
Posts: 710
bara Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 9:26 AM Quote
is someone collecting all those songs?
We should put them all together and make a sampler out of it, shouldnt we?

its so mean that i havent got sound on this pc...
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
moominbadger
Posts: 1514
moominbadger Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 1:48 PM Quote
turtleneck - will be listening to your version as soon as I get home, can't get youtube at work...bah!
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
minsidesoutside_lds
Posts: 539
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Funny how you can play something perfectly until you're in front of a camera. I felt like Cindy Brady on the game show.

I recorded my version of "Friends" today. I needed a bit of an echo to make it sound better, so I recorded in my 1950's bathroom. That's my pink Barry Gordy Wall of Sound.

Please apply everyone's excuses to my song as well; I'm not a singer, I only know a few chords, etc. and the additional excuse that my guitar (a.k.a. Old Kay) is literally falling apart at the seams.

I can hardly believe I'm doing this:
Friends


i like your fresh voice and attitudes... really enjoy people like you
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Okay, Fran said to post them up...

Fran wrote:
Brilliant. MORE EVERYONE. You have laid down the gauntlet...


Here are the words so you can create your own version (I corrected the spelling of 'deceive'...i before e except after c Franny):

"Friends" (words subject to change)

Who cheers you up
When you are down
Who brings you cups of coffee
Who picks you up
When you're in town
Whatever makes you happy
And I'm glad you're better now
But I'm sad you're not around
Friends
Won't ever desert you
Or turn against
Friends
Won't love you and leave you
To mend the fence
Who wakes you up
When you're late for work
Who makes the bed so lovely
Who found your sock
Who pressed your shirt
Whatever makes you love me
And I'm glad I'm better now
But I'm just sad you're not around
Friends
Will never deceive you
Or turn against
Friends
Won't love you and leave you
To mend the fence...


...so let's do it on this thread only. I'll move your link up to this post so they are all in one place (I know they're not in order of who submitted first...but tough sh*t)

FranFlower

WalkinInTheSun

Yulia Nox

Typing to Reach You

MoominBadger's Boyfriend

elodie

MozMan68

Turtleneck



this was shown to me by dunlop. Is this a new one? The shaky camera is rocking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBpNjnOuXc
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Eledh
Posts: 1104
Eledh Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

this was shown to me by dunlop. Is this a new one? The shaky camera is rocking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBpNjnOuXc


Isn't it the WalkinInTheSun' version? :P
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
paul_c
Posts: 4170
paul_c Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
I'm having trouble uploading mine :( i finished it this morning, but it seems like the uni wi-fi doesn't allow uploading videos. Tried youtube. Tried myspace. Now trying google. Let you know when i get it.. :(
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Eledh
Posts: 1104
Eledh Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I'm having trouble uploading mine :( i finished it this morning, but it seems like the uni wi-fi doesn't allow uploading videos. Tried youtube. Tried myspace. Now trying google. Let you know when i get it.. :(


If you have msn you can add me and send me your version and I can try to upload it somewhere :P
(it's just an excuse to hear your version sooner then anybody else XD is it working? XD)
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Yulia Nox
Posts: 2721
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Fran wrote:

this was shown to me by dunlop. Is this a new one? The shaky camera is rocking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBpNjnOuXc


Isn't it the WalkinInTheSun' version? :P


Yes it is :)
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
paul_c
Posts: 4170
paul_c Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'm having trouble uploading mine :( i finished it this morning, but it seems like the uni wi-fi doesn't allow uploading videos. Tried youtube. Tried myspace. Now trying google. Let you know when i get it.. :(


If you have msn you can add me and send me your version and I can try to upload it somewhere :P
(it's just an excuse to hear your version sooner then anybody else XD is it working? XD)


I think it worked on Google videos. It says it's processing. Hope everyone can access it there! :S
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck, don't be shy! You have a great voice! Even Fran noticed how good your version is ;)
I'm really proud of you guys! Your versions: all different, all fantastic ;)
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Typing to Reach You
Posts: 1667
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Funny how you can play something perfectly until you're in front of a camera. I felt like Cindy Brady on the game show.

I recorded my version of "Friends" today. I needed a bit of an echo to make it sound better, so I recorded in my 1950's bathroom. That's my pink Barry Gordy Wall of Sound.

Please apply everyone's excuses to my song as well; I'm not a singer, I only know a few chords, etc. and the additional excuse that my guitar (a.k.a. Old Kay) is literally falling apart at the seams.

I can hardly believe I'm doing this:
Friends


I really like this version turtleneck. Well done! :)
 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
minsidesoutside_lds
Posts: 539
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
jiji! the camera movinnn terrified make me love that person... who might be?

and... the soft voice... like a flute trying to reach a note and falling after... i love him

 
Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
paul_c
Posts: 4170
paul_c Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
OK, finally! Here is my version of Friends. Thanks to Eledh for uploading it (my wi-fi wouldn't allow uploading).

Apologies for the murky sound- it's hard to mix a guitar and a mic in the same amp! And it's recorded on a camera phone, so the picture quality isn't great. As for me forgetting to read the words towards the end, well for that i have no excuse! haha
 
Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times GMT Current Time 12:21 AM
Post Reply