Travis

Re: What was the first record you ever bought?
spid
spid Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
my first was a 7" vinyl before CD's were even thought of!
my first album 12" vinyl i bought was a very embarrassing the Kids from Fame(eeek) My first CD would have been Robbie Williams Life Through a Lens. My first download was Clarence 'Frogman' Henry and Aint Got No Home. Weird or what?

spid
spid Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Ah, sorry about that didn't see it there!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It was a while ago, so you wouldn't have seen it. Just saving some people the trouble of reposting. I'd have to relive my Shaun Cassidy moments.

"I'm a lonely frog...I ain't got a home!" Funny how he made a hit song out of singing like a girl and singing like a frog.

spid
spid Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It was a while ago, so you wouldn't have seen it. Just saving some people the trouble of reposting. I'd have to relive my Shaun Cassidy moments.

"I'm a lonely frog...I ain't got a home!" Funny how he made a hit song out of singing like a girl and singing like a frog.

The fact that you know it is amazing - it is a bit obscure for those born in the latter half of the century.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
spid wrote:

The fact that you know it is amazing - it is a bit obscure for those born in the latter half of the century.

Oh, I'm an oldies fanatic! Love 50's and 60's music. When all my friends were into Duran Duran I was into Doo-Wop and hippie folk stuff.

spid
spid Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:

Oh, I'm an oldies fanatic! Love 50's and 60's music. When all my friends were into Duran Duran I was into Doo-Wop and hippie folk stuff.

I have very eclectic tastes - i was the eldest and dad only let us listen to classical so i was brought up on Dvorjak and Handel with the occasional Steeleye Span thrown in. I got 'into' pop when i was 14 and finally realised there was something else. i went through everything i could get my ears on. My brother is a great help as he shuns the modern scene and is constantly making me tapes of odd stuff which is where the Frogman stuff came from. I love the Doors too. The seventies is about the only year i have a problem with, don't like Motown much, nor disco, nor most punk. Oh well can't like it all!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Well, I'd probably be run out of town on a rail if I said I didn't like MoTown--I'm from MoTown! Well, just outside of it. I'm not much into the 70's either. Either too disco-y or too druggy.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
With my first EARNED money, probably this one:

http://www.inethouse.info/files/40140_metallica--load.jpg

I had this very strong Metallica/Guns N' Roses -thing going on which still freaks me out sometimes when I think about it.
Good memories though, still listen to them every once in a while, with huge flashbacks.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Shaun Cassidy had a " hit " with a Clarence frog man Henry song ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No no. Two separate thoughts. Two separate paragraphs. I mean, as least as far as I know Shaun Cassidy never did a Clarence Frogman Henry cover. I haven't really followed his career lately. He covered Da Do Run Run. Morning Girl. That's all I can think of right now.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No no. Two separate thoughts. Two separate paragraphs. I mean, as least as far as I know Shaun Cassidy never did a Clarence Frogman Henry cover. I haven't really followed his career lately. He covered Da Do Run Run. Morning Girl. That's all I can think of right now.

I took some sissors to my cousins' Shaun Cassidy wreck chord back then. I was wrong .

O K should be a new thread or keep it here ?

first concert you ever went to ?

Grateful Dead / the Who 1976 Oakland , guess who RAWKED ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
I think it was James Taylor.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

love his songs

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

hippie or yuppie era ?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:

hehe, me too! Except substitute New Kids on the Block for Duran Duran. ;)

PS. First album I bought with my own money was probably What's the Story...from Oasis. The first music I remember owning ever was gifted to me by my uncle: Some Janet Jackson single, and a song called: Sweat (a lalalala long) by Inner Circle.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:10 PM