Travis

Invasion of the Teeny Boppers
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
Hannah Montana is in town tonite.

Bleck.

Apparently this morning there was a promotion going on across the street from where I worked. Her opening act,
The Jonas Brothers, were signing autographs to the first 500 fans who showed up. This made getting to work this morning a pain in the arse.

I know I'm not the target audience, but I'm pretty sure I would not have gone for this shit when I was in the 10-12 age range. It's just... so... bad. *shudders*

Have you heard how much people are paying for these tickets?! I heard a mom on the phone in my work this morning saying she was going to try to get an extra ticket... FOR $500!

God help us.

Re: Invasion of the Teeny Boppers
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
people are paying in the thousands. hope she does Achy breaky heart

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
Wow... that's a lot of money for a child's whim!
If I had told my mom when I was 10 that I wanted to see some show for $500 she would have laughed in my face!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:59 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
If I had told my mom when I was 10 that I wanted to see some show for $500 she would have laughed in my face!

I totally agree and there is no way my parents would have shelled out that much money for an act that I certainly most likely be embarrassed that I loved in a few years. Heck, they wouldn't have shelled out $500 for me to see the Beatles but it's worse knowing this isn't an experience their children will treasure forever.

I want to know who these parents are and slap some sense into them.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
ugh my 12 yr old cousin is obsessed with them because the Jonas brothers are apparently HAWT. the disney channel was all we watched when she was here.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:02 PM Quote

There's also a lawsuit going on at the moment. Some members of her fan club are suing because they didn't get tickets to the show. Apparently in the liner notes of the fan club it DID NOT say that you were guaranteed tickets to the show if you joined (for a fee of $29.95 a year), but that you were eligible for a selection of tickets that were available during the presale. And those sold like hot cakes, so people who didn't get tickets are suing the pants off of the fanclub.

That's a good idea, turn around and sue your favorite artist/band because you didn't get tickets to their show.

Some people...

Here's the scoop:
Members sue 'Hannah Montana' fan club

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ugh my 12 yr old cousin is obsessed with them because the Jonas brothers are apparently HAWT. the disney channel was all we watched when she was here.

Double bleck. They play their song/video in AE. And it's on a loop so it comes on every 3 hours or so. Excuse me while I attempt to chew my arm off...

There was a lot of traffic in the our store from the signing this morning. This group of girls, who couldn't have been that much younger then me (15, maybe 14) had homemade t shirts on with the guys names in bright neon puffy paint.

HONESTLY who makes a t shirt for their favorite band, C'MON!
Uh... nevermind.

*shifts guiltily in chair*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Uh... nevermind.

Exactly! Lol.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Uh... nevermind.

Exactly! Lol.

In my defense, I did not wear my shirt to the gig. i don't think I'll ever wear that shirt. Mainly because when I prewashed it before I painted it, it shrunk.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 12:26 AM Quote
i was commenting on the crazy 'hannah montana' phenomenon yesterday....i've seen the show...cute kid but do little girls need a hannah montana wig?? haha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 1:35 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Uh... nevermind.

Exactly! Lol.

In my defense, I did not wear my shirt to the gig. i don't think I'll ever wear that shirt. Mainly because when I prewashed it before I painted it, it shrunk.

I think it's cool to make a t-shirt for a gig! If I wasn't so bad with crafts I'd do one myself :oP

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
Well, to be fair, the youngsters have been going gaga over things such as Hanna Montana since...forever maybe. Need I remind people in my age bracket of New Kids on the Block? or Tiffany...etc, etc, etc. It's a vicious cycle. Luckily, I was far too uncool to be involved with such things. ;)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 2:38 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Well, to be fair, the youngsters have been going gaga over things such as Hanna Montana since...forever maybe. Need I remind people in my age bracket of New Kids on the Block? or Tiffany...etc, etc, etc. It's a vicious cycle. Luckily, I was far too uncool to be involved with such things. ;)

I am fully aware of my bad taste in music as a kid. However, my parents never paid more than $25 for me to see the New Kids. $500 is just crrrraaaazzzzzy!

anace
anace Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 3:26 AM Quote

If I told them NOW that I'm no longer a kid that I want 500 for a show they would laugh, a lot. The most I've paid for a show is around 95... 500 is just.. NUTS

and we are all nuts here, and we think that's nuts.. see, that's the level of things

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
Yeah, Okay, I concede. That's an exorbitant amount of money. I always did have a problem skimming over things instead of reading them all the way through, Message Board threads included! ;)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:15 AM