Travis

Re: Dear Santa thread
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
Saint Nicolas is also celebrated in Alsace and Lorraine (France)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:10 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sweetie Santa, can you make sure a Democrat president will be elected in the States in 2008 ?
Merci

What Abs said, Santa! Oh...and I'd also like a wonderful new journalism job and a new car! But if that's too much to ask of you, I'd just like tickets to see...

this
http://i16.tinypic.com/8a2pj45.jpg

And THIS :D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:15 PM Quote
Nikki , you want a Tele and a Marshall plexi ?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

I sure would!!! I don't have an electric. I just borrow my brother's Fender when I feel like rocking out, lol. Otherwise, it's my old Kay or Takamine acoustics.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
Teles ain't too expensive in the US, in europe everything is double our price for guitars

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 10:42 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Okay, I'm going to confuse everyone now ;)

In Germany, Santa is coming tomorrow (or this night), and his name here is Sankt Nikolaus ;)

YASS! Same here in Poland! :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 10:56 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
lilly wrote:

In Germany, Santa is coming tomorrow (or this night), and his name here is Sankt Nikolaus ;)

so he'll be cruising by in about a hour ? tell him to read my list O K ?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
lilly wrote:

sure, no problem :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 11:35 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
lilly wrote:

sure, no problem :)

thanks a bunch homeslice

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 11:45 PM Quote
Michael Bloomberg would be an ok present i think

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 1:54 AM Quote
lilly wrote:

In Germany, Santa is coming tomorrow (or this night), and his name here is Sankt Nikolaus ;) (I think the Santa Claus name derives from Dutch?)

Kids have to leave one of their shoes (cleaned!) in front of the door, and if they belong to the good sort of kids, Nikolaus puts apples and nuts and sweets in the shoe. And well, these days, he sometimes leaves a toy or a book in there, too.
Like this:
http://static.flickr.com/18/70925175_8a8230ec65.jpg

We do something simmilar in Argentina for january 6th.
Children leave a pair of shoes under the christmas tree the night of the 5th, and if they are good, The Three Wise Men will leave a few presents for them, which kids will see the next morning.
So we get Papá Noel (Santa Claus) the 25th december, and The Three Wise Men the 6th january.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 3:15 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I sure would!!! I don't have an electric. I just borrow my brother's Fender when I feel like rocking out, lol. Otherwise, it's my old Kay or Takamine acoustics.

You have an old Kay? I have a REALLY old Kay! So old that when I take it out, people laugh. It has a curved top with F holes. Love it. It belonged to my grandfather who died before I was born.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 4:53 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

You have an old Kay? I have a REALLY old Kay! So old that when I take it out, people laugh. It has a curved top with F holes. Love it. It belonged to my grandfather who died before I was born.

post a pic , there's a market for those . Same with the old mongomery Wards guitars since those were made by Gibson in the 40's

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

post a pic , there's a market for those . Same with the old mongomery Wards guitars since those were made by Gibson in the 40's

Okay, but I'll do it tomorrow. It's way upstairs and I'm in the basement. It's in pretty rough condition. The top is starting to come off, so if buzzes when I play certain chords unless someone else holds it down. Maybe that's why people laugh at it.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 8:41 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I can't open the link, but are you going for the ash sunburst a la fran, or the plain ash a la Springsteen?! Tough choice!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:59 PM