Travis

Re: Anaheim, CA - 24Nov07
californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 12:58 AM Quote
Wow, what a gig!

And to think we almost weren't going to go to the Anaheim show. So much better than the San Francisco show (which was also good!)

I managed to get right in front of Dougie during Travis' set which is always fun. It was such a small, intimate venue - which made it great because it was packed and the energy was high.

I couldn't believe it when they did Baby One More Time AND Blue Flashing Light (both firsts for me!) - totally made my night. The band really seemed to enjoy it as well. The only annoying bit was this teeny twat trying to push her way to the barrier through the WHOLE gig. I told her to give it up and she wouldn't. She was being incredibly rude, pinching and pushing...afterwards she tried to give a half ass apology and I said learn some gig etiquette...I think she didn't know what that word meant. ;-)

Anyway, one of the best shows ever if not THE best show (well, maybe San Diego in January 04 was slightly better since we all got on stage for that one! :-P)

Sadly no pictures...damn HOB and their silly rules.

Thanks again Travis for another amazing gig!

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 1:47 AM Quote
GREAT SHOW

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 3:07 AM Quote
Sharona wrote:
Blue Flashing Light was a request, I think, as someone shouted it from the pit when Fran asked about doing more songs.

Awww man!

So apparently shouting does work sometimes, just not last Saturday... *grumbles*

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
[quote="californiagirl"]
Anyway, one of the best shows ever if not THE best show (well, maybe San Diego in January 04 was slightly better since we all got on stage for that one! :-P[quote]

You were @ that gig? Ugggghhh. I am so jealous of everyone on this board. I was seriously contemplating doing that at the Seattle gig. Could have too, I was right next to the stage.

heich
heich Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
=S

I didnt write that at all

Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 7:09 AM Quote
Wow, it was an amazing show!!! I was so surprised and excited they played so many songs, especially Battleships (because they didn't on Wednesday)! How can you not love these guys?! :)

californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

Anyway, one of the best shows ever if not THE best show (well, maybe San Diego in January 04 was slightly better since we all got on stage for that one! :-P

You were @ that gig? Ugggghhh. I am so jealous of everyone on this board. I was seriously contemplating doing that at the Seattle gig. Could have too, I was right next to the stage.

Well, I wouldn't just jump on stage! LOL Fran invited everyone onstage during WDIAROM - although it did start w/these two guys jumping down from the balcony on the stage....then Fran said, "This is an open invitation for anyone to come up on stage!" I think it was because the security people at the venue were a bunch of wankers! :-P

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
californiagirl wrote:
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

Anyway, one of the best shows ever if not THE best show (well, maybe San Diego in January 04 was slightly better since we all got on stage for that one! :-P

Well, I wouldn't just jump on stage! LOL Fran invited everyone onstage during WDIAROM - although it did start w/these two guys jumping down from the balcony on the stage....then Fran said, "This is an open invitation for anyone to come up on stage!" I think it was because the security people at the venue were a bunch of wankers! :-P

I know.. I read the tour archive...

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 2:07 AM Quote
This truly was a memorable show!!

Californiagirl, I think you were standing right by me..I know which girl you speak of who was pushing her way to the front. It was quite annoying!

heich
heich Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 2:15 AM Quote
californiagirl wrote:
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

I didt write that!!! Somebody used my account, im going to change my password

I have a question. What was the picture on the poster of the merchandise they brought?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 2:26 AM Quote
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

I have a question. What was the picture on the poster of the merchandise they brought?

No one used your account, your post switched with mine. Check the post above yours.

heich
heich Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 2:39 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:
heich wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

No one used your account, your post switched with mine. Check the post above yours.

oh i didnt noticed that...well, i will appreciate if somebody can answer my question about the poster =)

Sharona
Sharona Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 7:12 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
heich wrote:
Sharona wrote:

Did anyone else get refused re-entrance to buy merchandise afterwards? I didn't find out until we were outside that it was being sold upstairs and then stupid security wouldn't let us in. :(

Was the merchandise exactly the same as the one we can find at the wee store?Or you didnt get to actually see what they brought?

In San Francsico they had some items that weren't in the wee store I believe. A tote bag, a shirt with a bunch of pictures of their faces, a sweatshirt, a poster. I'd assume they'd have the same in Anaheim.

They had the same stuff in LA...although in LA they had some extra shirts with "Travis" on the front, and a white "Born to Rock!" shirt like in the My Eyes video, and a white Art/Music/Jaffa Cakes shirt like in the Selfish Jean video (which Fran wore to both the Wiltern & HOB shows).

Luckily I bought my shirt at the LA show, but my friend wanted the brown girls' Travis shirt and I was going to buy it as a Christmas gift to her...oh well.

It seemed to me that Fran didn't talk as much as at the Wiltern - did anyone else notice that? He shortened the story about Klaus and didn't explain My Eyes...wonder why.

Did the guys come out after the show? My friends and I stayed around until about 12:30 am and then gave up.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:29 PM Quote
heich wrote:
well, i will appreciate if somebody can answer my question about the poster =)

I bought a tour poster at the Oslo-gig back in October. Took a picture for you :)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9632/img0063ri6.th.jpg
(click the image to make it bigger)

grace
grace Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:52 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

I bought a tour poster at the Oslo-gig back in October. Took a picture for you :)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9632/img0063ri6.th.jpg
(click the image to make it bigger)

that's hilarious! i've never seen that before. neil legitimately looks like he belongs on mt. rushmore.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:05 PM