Travis

Why does it always rain on me?? I guess I know why...
minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:24 AM Quote
Well, I was thinking... , as Travis says,
"why does it always rain on me?"
and I guess i've reached a conclution:

tears are watter...
crying too much could make a lake...
so, "when the sun is shining" produces evaporation...
and evaporation forms clouds
that finally might make raining...

Theorically, if I live every sun risen without crying so much, would eventually stop raining always on me...

And now, what provokes people crying? (So we can solve that, and consequently won't rain on us either...)

I think as an answer that, as Fran says in other song,... "nobody wants to lose i don't know why..."

Re: Why does it always rain on me?? I guess I know why...
Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 7:02 AM Quote
that's a good analysis

but to say "you have to stop cry" is not easy, mainly if you are young. Because it's raining always on you, you will cry, and if you cry... it will rain on you... and blah blah blah

How to break this vicious circle? probably, learning of each drop and growing up

P.S I apologize if this is confused, hahaha

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 1:41 PM Quote
no, thats right! I was wondering about what's the problem, what could provoke crying (that is not a bad thing, because is recommendable for as a via of escape, to became humble also) But, everything when is too much is not too good, except love i suppose.. (entangling..)

Well, just i wanted to say, that perhaps is that we do a big thing when we lose things or people, because we're so attached on them...

(well, don't know if my english is being too bad, excuses!)
bye, and thanks for your help :)

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 1:58 PM Quote
Xgirl wrote:
How to break this vicious circle? probably, learning of each drop and growing up

or doing therapy... haha just kidding, although therapy did help me a lot last year when I was going through really hard times! But yes, you're right, we have to learn from each drop and grow up... After all, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or at least that's what they say...

Oh, and this post reminded me a lot of me when I was in primary school, for some reason I was fascinated by the water cycle... Such good times, it didn't rain on me back then... haha

inwhitelight
inwhitelight Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:21 PM Quote
Xgirl wrote:
that's a good analysis

but to say "you have to stop cry" is not easy, mainly if you are young. Because it's raining always on you, you will cry, and if you cry... it will rain on you... and blah blah blah

i agree, it's a good analysis (: and, even though it's sad, it's a beautiful way of seeing it.

I think when we're young all we usually see are huge dark clouds upon us and we think it's always raining on us. Most of the times it's a genuine feeling but sometimes, i believe we create our own problems...what i mean is that in some occasions we think about things way too much and we end up dragging rain clouds upon us. Sometimes it feels good to feel blue...it's like you feel somehow special, like nobody gets you and things like that.
I don't know, that happens to me a lot...but maybe it's just me, i'm kind of a weirdo xD

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:42 PM Quote
yeap... that's what was happening to me at some sad times... i'm trying to take things easier now... but it's not that easy though :P

On the other hand, the thing is, I feel relief listening Travis songs, because they leave you something to think about, and with a lovely music and attitudes...

love you guys!!!

Nice posts boardies! Thanx Ü

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
yep, when you are a teenager (the most difficult age) you feel yourself trapped, because you are not a child anymore, and you are not 100% an adult, you feel alone and confused.

and yes, therapies are good :)

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:

On the other hand, the thing is, I feel relief listening Travis songs, because they leave you something to think about, and with a lovely music and attitudes...

love you guys!!!

yes!! I feel and consider them as a close friend, it is like a magical connection between my feelings and their feelings

awww

WE ♥ TRAVIS!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 1:38 AM Quote
It's a nice interpretation :o)

I had this magical moment today when I was walking back home from tutoring. I was listening to WDIAROM (live in Hamburg) and suddenly raindrops started falling! It didn't rain a lot, it stopped right after the song ended.
I loved it... I really wanted to jump around and sing outloud xD.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:39 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I had this magical moment today when I was walking back home from tutoring. I was listening to WDIAROM (live in Hamburg) and suddenly raindrops started falling! It didn't rain a lot, it stopped right after the song ended.

:D Nice, Juli! Seems you're not the kind who worry about "hair reaction under the rain" jeje Here in San Martín had rained a lot and was windy, such a night in Buenos Aires!

ups, i did't get what's the meaning of WDIAROM :O

See you!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:58 AM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:

:D Nice, Juli! Seems you're not the kind who worry about "hair reaction under the rain" jeje Here in San Martín had rained a lot and was windy, such a night in Buenos Aires!

ups, i did't get what's the meaning of WDIAROM :O

See you!

WDIAROM : Why Does It Always Rain On Me? :o)

Haha, why would I worry about my hair? I have a "stone age look", so it's useless to try anything to make it look better. I just deal with how bad it looks hahaha.

Here it started raining properly later, around 10.30 pm or so...

inwhitelight
inwhitelight Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 3:19 AM Quote

wow! what a great moment *.* i would have freaked out being unable to start jumping and singing right there on the street :P haha

everytime i'm walking in the street listening to music i feel like i'm in a movie or something...you know, like in those movie situations with soundtrack and all. has it ever happened to anyone else or am i the only creep here? haha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 3:27 AM Quote
No! Not creepy... well if it's creepy then we both are, cause it happens to me all the time :oP

I love listening to music while I'm walking, it gives the whole thing another perspective haha.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 3:38 AM Quote
inwhitelight wrote:

wow! what a great moment *.* i would have freaked out being unable to start jumping and singing right there on the street :P haha

everytime i'm walking in the street listening to music i feel like i'm in a movie or something...you know, like in those movie situations with soundtrack and all. has it ever happened to anyone else or am i the only creep here? haha

jeje! well, i can't listen to music outside my house or my car cause i don't use walkman or mp3 gadgets :P (that is creapy :D ) But, i know what you mean, sometimes when i'm driving (routes specially) and put songs like blues or sheryl crow, or Out in space, I feel like American Movies, going to Colorado or so :D

Closer2MyEyes
Closer2MyEyes Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 4:49 AM Quote
Hey hi!

If we keep analyzing the song we find that just after “why does it always rain on me”, it follows “is it because I lied when I was seventeen?” what looks too “Freudian” (may I say).

Well, Freud said that many things that affect our “psyche” comes from some “issue” happened in the past and most of them happen to happen in a rainy day.

Now, as the song seems to tell us that the writer (i.e. Fran Healy) is “facing blue”, it would be a nice question if we ask: “what does prevent you from sleeping? What is bothering you?”

So, Fran, if you can hear me… my question is: “Could you tell us what make you write this song?” Thanks in advance ;)

Take care,
Lucho.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:17 PM