Travis

Fancy a TRAVIS Cocktail?
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
I was browsing the website for the Seattle venue (The Moore Theater). And I came across their concessions page. Apparently they have themed drinks with each act they book.

We are happy to offer themed cocktails, a selection of beverages and a seasonal menu, specially prepared for each show. Arrive early and start the night with us. Doors open one hour prior to show time.

Nov 17 - The Moore
Travis

Drink Special
"My Eyes"
(Dewar's and Soda)

i think they could have been more creative with the name... maybe they could have named it the, "Good Feeling," I dunno...

Re: Fancy a Cocktail?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:30 AM Quote
That's funny!
I agree with you, the name's not so suitable for a drink, but it's a cool thing that they have a Travis cocktail :oP.

Edit:This reminds me of a dream I had today while I was taking a nap. I was with the band and David (the drum technician) in a bar. Everyone ordered caipirinhas and I ordered "Baileys with sawdust" (?!), which apparently was very cool (?). I can't remember how it tasted but it looked like Baileys and ice cream, no sawdust :oP.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:58 AM Quote
Haha... let me recount my TRAVIS dreams for ya...

The boys come over. I cook them eggs.

I'm at a very loud TRAVIS gig (is there any other kind of TRAVIs gig?) and Dougie makes eye contact with me. I mouth the words, "I love you!" He goes, "Wha?" I say it again with hand motions, you know, point to my eye, then my heart, then point at him. Then he stops playing in the middle of the song comes over to the stage and hands me a sheet of paper and pen, and says, "Write it down!"

I'm at a TRAVIS gig at my high school. Everyone's sitting down, with the excpetion of me and 2 other girls. At the end of the song I go, "U16! PLAY U16 GIRLS!" Fran looks at me and goes, "Okay love, only after we do Re-Offender."

I have weird dreams.

Hmmm, I'm going to try to think up my own TRAVIS cocktail...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:08 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I'm at a TRAVIS gig at my high school. Everyone's sitting down, with the excpetion of me and 2 other girls. At the end of the song I go, "U16! PLAY U16 GIRLS!" Fran looks at me and goes, "Okay love, only after we do Re-Offender."

I had a really similar travis dream...it was a gig at my old high school and no one was in to it except for me and like one other person...I felt really bad for them.

Another one...I got there way early and was the only one there so I walked inside and Fran was setting up everything all by himself. So I offered to help. The room was decorated like an 80's high school prom. Fran was trying to fix wires because apparently some mice had chewed through them. I somehow knew how to fix them.

Crazy.

Lol I love the one where you cook them eggs!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:18 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

Lol I love the one where you cook them eggs!

Tee hee hee. Yeah, I'm thinking they were scrambled. Mostly because that's how I take my eggs, and that's the only way I make them... I don't do sunny side.

I'm still trying to come up with my TRAVIS cocktail. I know it's going to be called the, "Good Feeling." But being under 21 limits my drinking knowledge, you know?

Re: Fancy a TRAVIS Cocktail?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
Haha, I loved the one about the eggs!

When I found out Travis were coming to Argentina I had about 6 dreams in three weeks about them (I usually dream a lot).
On the first one, Fran was playing a Travis song in french (?) and people were talking but he didn't seem to care. Then he stopped playing and I showed him a magazine with a picture of Duchamp's urinal which had vegetables on it (?). And then the other members of the band appeared and I asked something to Neil and he answered me in spanish in a very argentinian accent (?), and said he needed someone to practice. So I give him my email and he gives me a little sheep made of paper maché (????).

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
David (the drum technician)

haha... the famous David...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:10 AM Quote
So apparently Dewar's is a Scottish whiskey... it all makes sense now. But still, they could have been more creative.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:16 AM Quote
Haha, thanks, I had no idea what it was!
Yep, I agree. Not so creative...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 5:41 PM Quote
So I realized I never really did follow up on this. I went to the gig, and yes, they were advertising the drink. I did not buy a, "My Eyes," because...

1. It cost 7 bucks!
2. Even if I wanted to blow 7 dollars on a cocktail, I could not because I am under 21.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 5:48 PM Quote
Well, without considering the currency thing, here cocktails are around 15 pesos, 10 if they're very cheap. So 7 bucks doesn't seem too expensive (if I earned money in dollars, of course haha, if not it'd be like 21 pesos).

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
That reminds me, I do believe I told you guys about this dream...

ElspethOllie wrote:

That definitely did not happen.
Before they played AIWTDIR, Fran heard me scream it again, and he said something along the lines of, "The age of consent if higher here, and we're getting too old to play that song." Bah! At least I tried.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
That's funny Lauren. They did play it in Austin.

Because they like us better.

Ha! No but I was thinking they are older and it is a little dirtier for them to do it now. Though I like to think of it as a PSA. Passing on wisdom to the younger bands.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
That reminds me, I do believe I told you guys about this dream...

ElspethOllie wrote:

That definitely did not happen.
Before they played AIWTDIR, Fran heard me scream it again, and he said something along the lines of, "The age of consent if higher here, and we're getting too old to play that song." Bah! At least I tried.

LOL!
They played it here as well. Beautiful surprise :o)
I guess they were feeling younger in Buenos Aires xD.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
Well i'm keen on beer actually (Corona and the soft ones, would be my loved song "Out in space" )

But, about drinks:

"Sex on the beach" would be "All I wanna do is rock" :P

Schnapps, peach 1 1/2 oz.
Vodka 1 1/2 oz.
Cranberry Juice 2 oz.
Orange Juice 2 oz.
Pineapple Juice 2 oz.

drinks

Martini: "mid-life krysis"

Daiquiri: "3 Times and you lose"

Gin and Tonic: "why does it always rain on me" (bitter drink)

Jaffa: Selfish Jean

Diet Cherry Vanilla Yummy: U16 Girls

Dry Chocolate: Peace the fuck out (for those who worries about body shape...)

Johnny Jump Up: Happy

Cancun Typhoon: Quicksand (imagine taking this, would be walking like over quicksand)

Ingredient Amount
Tequila, flavoured (Jose Cuervo Tropina) 1 1/2 oz.
Liqueur, banana 3/4 oz.
Rum, dark (Myers) 1 splash
Sunny Delight ( Smooth) 1/2 oz.
Pineapple Juice 1 1/2 oz.

Champagne + smthing: The last laugh of the laughter

Cinzano: Eyes wide open (is not a tough drink)

Classy Razz: Re- offender

Cuba Libre: Beautiful Occupation

Caipirinha: Turn

Kamikaze: New Amsterdam

Lemon Fizz: Colder

Love In A Glass (Liqueur, raspberry,Amaretto ,Vodka ,Sour Mix ) : "Humpty Dumpty Love Song"

Love Potion (Vodka, lemon,Lemonade): Pipe Dreams

Margarita: Flowers in the window

Old Fashioned: Tied to the 90s

Baby Guiness: My Eyes

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:14 AM