Travis

Re: the morning after an amazing Travis show
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 25 Oct, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Helen *the original* wrote:
Hey not really posted on here for a while!

Sina: Glad you had an amazing time, seems like years ago since we were waiting outside in Glasgow! Hope the placed bounced as much as it did back then! Can't wait for the photos

Heya Helen :) was wondering where you've been lately. Nice to see ya. Ahhhh well the place nowwhere near bounced as Barrowland does - nothing can! lol All very civilised in Cheeseland. Would you believe it, I was in 2nd row and had space to swing a cat! That was brilliant mind. More later in a review.... btw photees tuned out crap :(

Yeah i've been trying to spend time away from the computer whilst i'm waiting to start my new job. Out in the big wide world soon! So been spending time on myself and completing three tasks i want done by the end of the year lol.

Wow that much room, i don't think i've ever had that at any gig! Must have been really good not to have someone spilling beer all over you during WDIAROM! Aww sorry to hear about the photos but at least you can tell us all about your memories of the night!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 7:54 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Quote:
I was in 2nd row and had space to swing a cat!

I've never heard that expression before, ha ha!!

really ? --- hmmm and I thought you were the wordsmith in persona ;) ... guess it's a purely British, if not Scottish (and maybe a bit old fashioned) expression :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 8:14 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Hey not really posted on here for a while!

Sina: Glad you had an amazing time, seems like years ago since we were waiting outside in Glasgow! Hope the placed bounced as much as it did back then! Can't wait for the photos

Heya Helen :) was wondering where you've been lately. Nice to see ya. Ahhhh well the place nowwhere near bounced as Barrowland does - nothing can! lol All very civilised in Cheeseland. Would you believe it, I was in 2nd row and had space to swing a cat! That was brilliant mind. More later in a review.... btw photees tuned out crap :(

Yeah i've been trying to spend time away from the computer whilst i'm waiting to start my new job. Out in the big wide world soon! So been spending time on myself and completing three tasks i want done by the end of the year lol.

Wow that much room, i don't think i've ever had that at any gig! Must have been really good not to have someone spilling beer all over you during WDIAROM! Aww sorry to hear about the photos but at least you can tell us all about your memories of the night!

Oh cool so you're ready to take on the world !? what the 3 tasks then?;)
yep, no beer flying, almost too civilised lol. One or 2 pics are just about passable to stick in the tour archive... soon lol. Not taken any with the lads.. was too tired to bother but somebody took one of Neil, Eled and me (need to get my hands on this).Had a great chat with Fran and Andy though :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:35 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Ursina wrote:
I had space to swing a cat!

You brought a cat to the show?? ; )

(did fran give it ear plugs?)
ยจ

oh course, this's the only way to get yourself some space at Travis gigs - grab the cat by the tail swing it around and hey presto! plenty of space to pogo :-P

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 1:04 PM Quote
You are crazy, Sina, you know?
Anyway, you're right. In the Barcelona gig I was in the first/second row and I was like too much squeezed.
But two days ago I was in the first row and... There was space all around me! I couldn't believe that.
Still no news for the pics :P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 1:12 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
You are crazy, Sina, you know?
Anyway, you're right. In the Barcelona gig I was in the first/second row and I was like too much squeezed.
But two days ago I was in the first row and... There was space all around me! I couldn't believe that.
Still no news for the pics :P

heheehhe of course I am, as you know ! hope you will get the pictures soon... where there some other ones taken with you .... Francesco taking some ?

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 1:21 PM Quote
Francesco just send me the pic that he taked with me, you and Neil *______*
WAAAAH!
I'm just too happy.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 2:05 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Francesco just send me the pic that he taked with me, you and Neil *______*
WAAAAH!
I'm just too happy.

thank yoooooooo ! it's brilliant ! cool

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 2:18 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Quote:

really ? --- hmmm and I thought you were the wordsmith in persona ;) ... guess it's a purely British, if not Scottish (and maybe a bit old fashioned) expression :)

Well, there's always something new to learn! I shall put it in my crazy phrase arsenal. Here's what I found:

This phrase may have something to do with the old 'sport" of swinging cats by their tails as targets for archers. The words aren"t nautical in origin, as is often said. The expression goes back at least to the mid-sixteen hundreds, and cat-o-nine-tails isn"t recorded until about 1670, which makes it unlikely that the phrase originated with some sea captain having no room to punish a rebellious sailor with a cat-o-nine-tails, or cat as it was called for short.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 2:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Quote:

Well, there's always something new to learn! I shall put it in my crazy phrase arsenal. Here's what I found:

This phrase may have something to do with the old 'sport" of swinging cats by their tails as targets for archers. The words aren"t nautical in origin, as is often said. The expression goes back at least to the mid-sixteen hundreds, and cat-o-nine-tails isn"t recorded until about 1670, which makes it unlikely that the phrase originated with some sea captain having no room to punish a rebellious sailor with a cat-o-nine-tails, or cat as it was called for short.

ahhh seee it might become useful :-D Interesting, what horrible 'sport' eeeek

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 3:27 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Oh cool so you're ready to take on the world !? what the 3 tasks then?;)
yep, no beer flying, almost too civilised lol. One or 2 pics are just about passable to stick in the tour archive... soon lol. Not taken any with the lads.. was too tired to bother but somebody took one of Neil, Eled and me (need to get my hands on this).Had a great chat with Fran and Andy though :)

Yeps i think i am...

3 tasks are to get a job (done), improve my body image(half way there) and secure a fella (not quite there) lol.

Ah who needs a photo when you can have great chats with the lads!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 3:32 PM Quote
I wouldnt advertise the last one. You will look like a desperate nutter lol.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 3:35 PM Quote
[quote="Ursina"] Oh cool so you're ready to take on the world !? what the 3 tasks then?;)
yep, no beer flying, almost too civilised lol. One or 2 pics are just about passable to stick in the tour archive... soon lol. Not taken any with the lads.. was too tired to bother but somebody took one of Neil, Eled and me (need to get my hands on this).Had a great chat with Fran and Andy though :) [/quote

Yeps i think i am...

3 tasks are to get a job (done), improve my body image(half way there) and secure a fella (not quite there) lol.

Ah who needs a photo when you can have great chats with the lads!

as long as you secure the fella at the Hogmanay party you've done it ! :-D

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 3:45 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I wouldnt advertise the last one. You will look like a desperate nutter lol.

Ha ha! Yeah don't worry, i'm definately not doing that!

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2007 6:52 PM Quote
Hey Sina!

Glad you had a good night!
Wish they'd hurry up and come back here though!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:13 PM