Travis

Re: F*cking burglar
Edel
Edel Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
awww Hanne, thats awful. Hope the arsewipe doesnt get away with it:0/

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
Well I did have a lot of files on there that I also have on this old laptop. However, there were also things like my budget and stuff. I always keep it up-to-date to keep track of my spendings. Now I have to redo the whole thing. Also called the bank's hotline to make sure that nobody can use the netbank on the laptop. I'll get a new certificate and they've cancelled the old one.

Now I just have to go to the police with the list of stolen items, and I need to contact the insurance company. Oh, and I also need to see if I can find the serial no. for my computer. Dunno where to find it, but I got it through work so I'll see if they maybe have a note of it *sigh*

It all makes my mind boggle.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
Youve 'spærret' (cant think of english word *blush* ) your mobile as well?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Youve 'spærret' (cant think of english word *blush* ) your mobile as well?

Yes I have :o) It was my old mobile... Debitel gave me an extra sim card at some point with some free talking time every month, so I put the card in my old mobile so I could use it for calling sometimes. I've still got my 'main' number, the one you have...

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Well I did have a lot of files on there that I also have on this old laptop. However, there were also things like my budget and stuff. I always keep it up-to-date to keep track of my spendings. Now I have to redo the whole thing. Also called the bank's hotline to make sure that nobody can use the netbank on the laptop. I'll get a new certificate and they've cancelled the old one.

Now I just have to go to the police with the list of stolen items, and I need to contact the insurance company. Oh, and I also need to see if I can find the serial no. for my computer. Dunno where to find it, but I got it through work so I'll see if they maybe have a note of it *sigh*

It all makes my mind boggle.

ooh jeez so however gets your laptop, they can see all your stuff ... not nice ! quick thinking about the online banking! I wouldn't have thought of this.

I'm off now... sleep well anyways :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
I'm off to bed too.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words!! It's a really big help to get some sympathy.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I'm off to bed too.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words!! It's a really big help to get some sympathy.

No problem - get well and we're here ya know.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:59 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I'm off to bed too.

Nite, and That's the spirit don't let the fuckers get ya down!!

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
Hey Hanne,
How are you feeling today?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:01 AM Quote
Aye Hanne, how are you ? hope you did get some sleep.... did you manage to lock the door ?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:29 PM Quote
Hey you two,

I'm feeling ok. The lock was repaired yesterday by the landlord. Of course the door can still be kicked in, but it's as safe/unsafe as always.

I was at the police station today to hand in the list of stolen items. It turns out that my laptop has a separate insurance since it's actually leased from my employer. The other few things don't amount beyond my excess. Now I just wanna contact my insurance to let them know anyway, but I can't get through. Apart from that, everything has been taken care of.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:34 PM Quote
ohh good

btw your Travis tickets did not get stolen ??? hehehe

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:51 PM Quote
Edel has them :o) But our Muse tickets were on the floor... obviously a thief with a bad taste in music!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 1:16 PM Quote
phew ! you were dead lucky there ! did you leave them on the floor or did the burglar sort of look at them, said nah and chucked them on the floor ?? :-D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 1:21 PM Quote
Well the cupboard was open, and a few things were on the floor. These tickets were in an envelope though so he probably just noticed that it wasn't cash. Dunno. Not complaining about this aspect anyway :o)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:24 AM