Please.

Re: The Best Friend's Not Helping!
Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
What sort of help do you need??

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
Let the boardie team know, and we'll try to help you!

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
Re-assurance, courage, confidence.

So far, I don't have any of these and I'll be seeing her on Friday and my best friend isn't going to let me walk away without asking her out.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
Ah, so let me get this straight: you, your friend and 'she' will be at the same party on Friday.

Have you ever talked to her or is she a complete stranger? If you sometimes talk to her, the best thing would probably be to go to her and start a conversation. If you're going to ask her out, you have to approach her. There's unfortunately no magic way to ask her without talking to her...

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Ah, so let me get this straight: you, your friend and 'she' will be at the same party on Friday.

Have you ever talked to her or is she a complete stranger? If you sometimes talk to her, the best thing would probably be to go to her and start a conversation. If you're going to ask her out, you have to approach her. There's unfortunately no magic way to ask her without talking to her...

Well, sort of. She's a friend of mine, I've got her msn address, phone number and I know where her dad lives. But I haven't talked to her since around Spring time and she's not long after just coming out of a relationship, so I'm kinda nervous. Oh, and it's not a party. We're in the same wind band and re-hearsels start back on Friday.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Go ahead! Don't hesitate! I know It's better said than done, but you have to ask her or you'll regret it (of course, go slowly..^^)..

If she see you're intimidate, she'll think you're a looser..Show that you are a man, a real! XD

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:

Well, sort of. She's a friend of mine, I've got her msn address, phone number and I know where her dad lives. But I haven't talked to her since around Spring time and she's not long after just coming out of a relationship, so I'm kinda nervous. Oh, and it's not a party. We're in the same wind band and re-hearsels start back on Friday.

If you've talked to her before, then how about something like "hey, long time no see"?. Just be interested in how she's doing and that you'd like to talk to her more.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
GotChrist wrote:

If you've talked to her before, then how about something like "hey, long time no see"?. Just be interested in how she's doing and that you'd like to talk to her more.

Hmm ... good idea.

Re: Say welcome to your new member!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
Hello and welcome!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Hello and welcome!

My post got mixed up with Turtleneck's in another thread. Here is what I wrote:

Is this the ex of a friend? Weren't you scared about asking her out b/c of that aspect even though he said it was fine?

Since you haven't seen her in so long it seems like it'll be pretty natural to talk and catch up a bit, talk about the band rehearsal, whatever. Then you just simply say, "hey, do you want to ____ ?"

Pick something simple (coffee, see a band, movie). Have a few days in mind that work for you. I always liked when a guy had some semblance of a plan or an idea but it was loose enough to where I wasn't being steamrolled into it.

Just go for it.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Hello and welcome!

My post got mixed up with Turtleneck's in another thread. Here is what I wrote:

Is this the ex of a friend? Weren't you scared about asking her out b/c of that aspect even though he said it was fine?

Since you haven't seen her in so long it seems like it'll be pretty natural to talk and catch up a bit, talk about the band rehearsal, whatever. Then you just simply say, "hey, do you want to ____ ?"

Pick something simple (coffee, see a band, movie). Have a few days in mind that work for you. I always liked when a guy had some semblance of a plan or an idea but it was loose enough to where I wasn't being steamrolled into it.

Just go for it.

Yes, she is the ex of a friend ... the exact same best friend that won't let me leave without asking her out. Thanks for the advice.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 10:44 PM Quote
Fucking grow a pair ;-)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 12:08 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Fucking grow a pair ;-)

When he posted this thread I felt quite sure this would be your advice. : )

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 3:35 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Fucking grow a pair ;-)

I know this is your standard response...but seriously, you are right...grow a fuckin' pair. no one got anywhere from being nice or waiting to ask what they feel they should.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:09 PM