Re: Say welcome to your new member!
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
Welcome.

Re: The Best Friend's Not Helping!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Is this the ex of a friend? Weren't you scared about asking her out b/c of that aspect even though he said it was fine?

Since you haven't seen her in so long it seems like it'll be pretty natural to talk and catch up a bit, talk about the band rehearsal, whatever. Then you just simply say, "hey, do you want to ____ ?"

Pick something simple (coffee, see a band, movie). Have a few days in mind that work for you. I always liked when a guy had some semblance of a plan or an idea but it was loose enough to where I wasn't being steamrolled into it.

Just go for it.

WTF?!!? These gremlins are getting out of control!! This was my post meant for GotChrist's thread.

Re: Say Welcome to your new member!
Last_Laugh
Last_Laugh Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:20 AM Quote
Hey, I'm new here too :)

I wrote a looooong story, but something weird just happened and I read a post that wasn't mine. can someone tell me what just happened?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
Last Laugh actually said this: wrote:
Hey folks, I'm new here at the place. I looked through the forum to find a thread where I could introduce myself in the most fitting way and found this thread.

I'm 19 years old and from Denmark, and I sort of discovered Travis this summer, when I heard the song Sing for the first time in I-have-no-idea-of-how-long. That made me remember the band Travis that I hadn't heard anything from since they released Re-Offender years ago. I searched a bit on youtube and heard some of the good old classics and saw the videos and decided to get the album "The Man Who" which I thought I knew the most songs of. Listening through it I thought: "Wow, this is awesome, I should've had this album ages ago!" I read in the newspaper that they just released a new album, "The Boy With No Name", but I didn't buy it before I went to Scotland on a holiday and stumbled across it. This seems to be very lucky since I have gotten the idea that it's only on the British version of the album that "In My Perfect Heaven Space" is on. (correct?) This album was (or rather IS) so good! I fell in love with the track "Selfish Jean" at first listen, and almost every song on the album is just perfect. Lately I stumbled over the albums "The Invicible Band" and "12 Memories" which are just as well masterpieces (which I found out since I couldn't resist the temptation of buying both, but who could?)! Now I only need the first album and the Greatest Hits (To get "Coming Around" and "Walking In The Sun") to make my collection complete (I doubt that I can get a lot of the old singles).

Well, sorry for the novel. I hope some of you people can point me out some of the best threads to go through as a new member here. :)

Sorry Last_Laugh! The Board switched our posts! Welcome, and Here I'll return your post to the proper thread now, don't be too freaked out with the board glitches ;)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:24 AM Quote
I'm so damn confused now. I'm going to crawl into the fetal position until things return to normal.

Last_Laugh
Last_Laugh Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:26 AM Quote
oh, I'm sorry, in the confusion I deleted your post to express how puzzled I was (or am...)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:28 AM Quote
Sometimes the board switches posts if two people hit submit at the same time. There's something screwy with the code that the Web Team hasn't been able to sort yet.

This is actually my first switcheroo, I'm kind of honoured. ;D

Last_Laugh
Last_Laugh Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:30 AM Quote
Well, seeing that you have posted 400-something posts and this is your first, I suppose I should be honoured as well, now that my very first post was switched. Anyways, thanks for the sorting out and the welcome :)

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 9:16 AM Quote
Welcome, Bienvenue!!

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:34 PM Quote
welcome!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
We'll be having "Nun" of that!!

My father was a Nun, whenever he was in court the Judge would say "occupation" to which my father would reply "Nun"

Welcome , haha

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Is this the ex of a friend? Weren't you scared about asking her out b/c of that aspect even though he said it was fine?

Since you haven't seen her in so long it seems like it'll be pretty natural to talk and catch up a bit, talk about the band rehearsal, whatever. Then you just simply say, "hey, do you want to ____ ?"

Pick something simple (coffee, see a band, movie). Have a few days in mind that work for you. I always liked when a guy had some semblance of a plan or an idea but it was loose enough to where I wasn't being steamrolled into it.

Just go for it.

What? I never said that. That's not even close to what I said. Where is what I did say? Floating around somewhere? It's a new game--find your post on the Travis board. First one wins a prize.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 2:39 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Just go for it.

What? I never said that. That's not even close to what I said. Where is what I did say? Floating around somewhere? It's a new game--find your post on the Travis board. First one wins a prize.

It got mixed with mine here

So what's my prize? I really really hope it's a pink pony!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Just go for it.

It got mixed with mine here

So what's my prize? I really really hope it's a pink pony!

Your wish is my command...

http://re3.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/2030500742

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 9:57 PM Quote
"My father was a Nun, whenever he was in court the Judge would say "occupation" to which my father would reply "Nun""

It is one of my favorite line in Blackadder

LOL

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:15 AM