Travis

Re: New Radiohead album available to download 10th October!
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
Quote:
That's the worst review in the history of music reviews

True that, Did the writer even talk about music other than it feeling a bit Samey..which is pretty vague.

You don't HAVE to pay for it, I'd rather just decide for myself. Which I will do when I get home tonight. :D

Andrew
Andrew Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
isma wrote:
Just an example..

Bodysnatchers - 31,444 plays scrobbled on Last.fm

That's the Radiohead day today!

More last.fm stats

BenFilbert wrote:
What's your opinion on the album as a whole? I've not heard it yet by the way.

As a whole it's a fantastic record, true it's no great departure in the way previous Radiohead albums have been, but it's not Hail To The Thief mk2 either.

Again you're reminded just how few really fantastic singers exist nowadays and Thom Yorke blows most people away his voice soars on track after track with 'Reckoner' a particular highlight.

Mr Greenwood is excellent as ever making his guitar otherworldly and perfectly complementing the haunting vocals on much of the album, even the simplest of riffs such as the one at the start of House of Cards is perfect and stays stuck in your head long after the track's ended. Until the next hook anyway.

...and 'Nude' is just breathtaking and easily my favourite track by a very long way, and I predict will soon rated as one of the greatest Radiohead songs of all time.

If I was to give it a score it would be a 9/10.

Not a revolutionary album, but still a million miles above anyone else.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
isma wrote:
Just an example..

Bodysnatchers - 31,444 plays scrobbled on Last.fm

That's the Radiohead day today!

More last.fm stats

BenFilbert wrote:
What's your opinion on the album as a whole? I've not heard it yet by the way.

As a whole it's a fantastic record, true it's no great departure in the way previous Radiohead albums have been, but it's not Hail To The Thief mk2 either.

Again you're reminded just how few really fantastic singers exist nowadays and Thom Yorke blows most people away his voice soars on track after track with 'Reckoner' a particular highlight.

Mr Greenwood is excellent as ever making his guitar otherworldly and perfectly complementing the haunting vocals on much of the album, even the simplest of riffs such as the one at the start of House of Cards is perfect and stays stuck in your head long after the track's ended. Until the next hook anyway.

...and 'Nude' is just breathtaking and easily my favourite track by a very long way, and I predict will soon rated as one of the greatest Radiohead songs of all time.

If I was to give it a score it would be a 9/10.

Not a revolutionary album, but still a million miles above anyone else.

Thanks very much. I've only recently got into radiohead. In fact, a year or so ago i knew pretty much nothing about them. I've only got their first 3 albums. Love them. I'll be getting Kid A soon and eventually, in maybe 6 months time, i'll arrive at In Rainbows. I know their albums change after OK Computer so i'm hoping i'll like them. I totally agree with your comment about Thom Yorke. Great singer! Thanks. Enjoy the album. :)

haz
haz Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
this album is way better than "hail to the thief".

this disc's novel method of release could also have the distinction of being the "disc" release that sounded the death knell for brick and mortar record companies/distributors.

it was so great too to have this disc released to EVERYONE at the same time. one less thing for those fuckwit music journos to be smug about with their sodding "advance copies".

i fucking love "weird fishes_arpeggi".

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 8:50 AM Quote
got home late, but i'm finally having a listen. I LIKE IT!!

and i agree, it's better than "hail to the thief".

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 11:17 AM Quote
was a wee bit sceptical but no, it's awesome!

Love House of Cards for starters, brilliant!

haz
haz Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 2:45 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

i've been listening to the disc non-stop since its release yesterday morning.

i burned a disc for the car part of my commute and the trusty iPod's loaded for the train part of the commute.

this is definitely a headphones album in a lot of respects, tons of nigel godrich goodness going on all around the gaff in the background.

"house of cards" is great and i'm really getting into "all i need" it's a grower for sure.

"videotape" is pretty lame though, apparently there's a more rocktastic live version out there but not on the disc. the cheek.

album of the year.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 3:01 PM Quote
Ahh yes Videotape. I have a live version if you want to hear it.At first i wasnt happy at what they had done with it.
However the way the vocals are done makes more sense for the sentiment of the song.
But the music misses something when compared to the live version of the song.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
Just came across a review for the album.

5 stars. Here's The Link

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 3:52 PM Quote
haz wrote:
Ursina wrote:

i've been listening to the disc non-stop since its release yesterday morning.

i burned a disc for the car part of my commute and the trusty iPod's loaded for the train part of the commute.

this is definitely a headphones album in a lot of respects, tons of nigel godrich goodness going on all around the gaff in the background.

"house of cards" is great and i'm really getting into "all i need" it's a grower for sure.

"videotape" is pretty lame though, apparently there's a more rocktastic live version out there but not on the disc. the cheek.

album of the year.

whooo you've been busy! it's still only just on my puter and with hardly a chance to listen to it properly *sigh*
I've got some homework to do tonight !

haz
haz Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 3:54 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Just came across a review for the album.

5 stars. Here's The Link

thanks for the link luke!
this person totally GETS this disc.

i'm SO stealing that album cover jpeg for my iPod.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 4:04 PM Quote
thanks very much for your reviews everybody, i'll download it trustingly if that's proper english!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 10:28 PM