come on guys it'll be your 4th Fillmore

Re: Travis Wish List
freshlikeadaisy
freshlikeadaisy Posted Sun 11 Nov, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
"Ring Out the Bell"

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 11 Nov, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
There are quite a few songs I would love hear live sometime.

One song I really really want to hear is Fran's acoustig version of '20'.

Also The Cage is another one I'd love to hear live. At the Oslo gig someone suggested it and Fran was all "The Cage? No, no.." I was gonna ask him why after the show, but I forgot once I met them, heh..

If I were to be über lucky they could throw in these as well. They are all special to me:
Safe (this and The Cage are both very special to me)
I forget My Name, Just The Faces Change and Ring Out The Bell (beautiful beautiful songs, all coincidentally sung by Dougie. he should really sing more live!)
Some Sad Song (I really want to see Fran perform this on the piano, and it's always been a favorite of mine)
Hazy Shades Of Gold (mostly because I so wanna se the "Dougie get back" line live, lol!)

Oh, and Re-Offender, cause they didn't play it last time I saw them, and I seriously love that song!

I'm sure I have forgotten some, but any of these would make my day at the next Travis gig :-)

EDIT: I forgot River - this is a cover I would love ot hear live. The song is absolutely beautiful!

Trevis
Trevis Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 3:50 AM Quote
1-Funny thing
2-Somewhere else
3-Peace the fuck out
4-Chances
5-This love
6-Turn
7-Mid-life krysis
8-Pipe dreams
9-Sing
10-Blue flashing light
11-My last chance
12-Closer
13-Eyes wide open
14-Selfish Jean
15-Some sad song
16-Paperclips
17-The day to day
18-The last laugh of the laughter
19-Walking down the hill
20-Luv
21-Battleships
22-Big chair
23-The fear
24-Why does it always rain on me?
25-Everyday is like Sunday

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 4:09 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

Aw... you haven't heard it yet? When I saw it, it was extra special because it was his birthday... magical

FranFlower wrote:

Hazy Shades Of Gold (mostly because I so wanna se the "Dougie get back" line live, lol!)

Ditto. The song makes no sense, but I love it.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 4:22 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Here comes the sun

lovly Rita

come on guys it'll be your 4th Fillmore

I'll campagin for either of those

may
may Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 4:53 AM Quote
The Distance
Slide Show
Somewhere Else

heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 4:59 AM Quote
driftwood, flowers in the window

and

hey jude

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2007 7:40 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Aw... you haven't heard it yet? When I saw it, it was extra special because it was his birthday... magical

FranFlower wrote:

Ditto. The song makes no sense, but I love it.

Nope, they did not do the acoustic 20 in either of the shows I've been to this year.. You were at Frans birthday gig? I could have killed to be there! Must have been pretty special, with the party afterwards and all :-)

Well, the line makes some sense because I've heard Fran and Doug explain it on some radio show. Something about Dougie wandering off from his spot when they were recording, and Fran could no longer see Neil, so he told Doug to "get back". And the line stayed, lol :-) Would be awesome to see it live.

And I just remembered I would love to see Walking In The Sun live as well!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:38 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

Well, the line makes some sense because I've heard Fran and Doug explain it on some radio show. Something about Dougie wandering off from his spot when they were recording, and Fran could no longer see Neil, so he told Doug to "get back". And the line stayed, lol :-) Would be awesome to see it live.

Yeah, I knew about the line...

"Oohhhh...well, when we were recording it, we would each take up a corner of the room, and Frannie would be across from Neil so he could watch to make sure the timing was right. And I sort of wandered in front of Neil and he couldn't see so he told me to get back."

But the song in general is just totally goofy to me. Doesn't matter, I love it. :o)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:32 AM