Travis

Re: ken bruce / radio4
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:03 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
It doesn't seem like Travis themselves are too bothered about promoting their singles lately, they seem to be happy with their fanbase as it is, so why should the radios bother?

Just a point, not necessarily my opinion here.

they seem to concentrate more on the US and South America these days... given up on the UK? seems madness to me *shrug*

It's a shame, coz there's loadsa people in the UK who just think travis are a bunch of pussies. I'd be wanting to prove them otherwise!

aye lol , I was fully expecting for them to do a autumn UK tour.... odd

Are they not touring here this year then? You can tell I'm un-informed...

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:06 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

Well theyre throwing the blame on me cos apparently if you want a BA certificate from Copenhagens University youve to ask for it?!? Now with other courses (not uni) Ive done they hand you a diploma as UCD in Ireland did with my BA. I was only updating my Irish BA to continue on MA here so I honestly didnt think of it:0/
My tutor said it has happened before as the wrong tutor gets the form to fill out, realises that he/she hasnt had that particular student, sends it back and its gets missing along the way. Some unlucky people have even had the results of their thesis before it gets figured out. Only positive thing is that they figured it out now with me. Whats annoying me is that they can be so quick with throwing me off the MA while its been investigated and now theyre so bleedin slow with updating my results. And I better only have to finish my thesis :O

How would you know to ask for it?! I had the same sort of problem (but nowhere near as bad) when I did my MA. The uni assumed the student knew everything (somehow) and their correspondence was crazy. They'd send random junk to you but the stuff you actually needed to know they just wouldn't bother telling you.
Your thesis was on childrens drawings, was it? I'm testing my rubbish memory here ;)

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:17 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:

Well theyre throwing the blame on me cos apparently if you want a BA certificate from Copenhagens University youve to ask for it?!? Now with other courses (not uni) Ive done they hand you a diploma as UCD in Ireland did with my BA. I was only updating my Irish BA to continue on MA here so I honestly didnt think of it:0/
My tutor said it has happened before as the wrong tutor gets the form to fill out, realises that he/she hasnt had that particular student, sends it back and its gets missing along the way. Some unlucky people have even had the results of their thesis before it gets figured out. Only positive thing is that they figured it out now with me. Whats annoying me is that they can be so quick with throwing me off the MA while its been investigated and now theyre so bleedin slow with updating my results. And I better only have to finish my thesis :O

How would you know to ask for it?! I had the same sort of problem (but nowhere near as bad) when I did my MA. The uni assumed the student knew everything (somehow) and their correspondence was crazy. They'd send random junk to you but the stuff you actually needed to know they just wouldn't bother telling you.
Your thesis was on childrens drawings, was it? I'm testing my rubbish memory here ;)

Yup theyre the same here. You dont even get a handbook every year as we did at UCD. I always thought it was my own fault though as when I started here I just went in for lectures and tutorials. Being on my own with three small kids I didnt get to know that many as didnt get involved with the social life. Basically I never engaged myself properly. However I read in a newspaper recently that out of the 44,000 students starting at Cph Uni this year 11,000 will drop out:0/ Thats mad but apparently too many go through the same shite and cant cope. I dont think the Uni wants the responsibility, up to the individual student to know all the info as you say. Still theyre getting paid to do a job and workplaces would fall apart if bosses didnt have more structure and werent on their employees backs. Adult responsibility doesnt cut it as an excuse.

And yes, thesis is on Sexually Abused Childrens Drawings;0)Validation as a diagnostic tool and in treatment

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:24 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

Yup theyre the same here. You dont even get a handbook every year as we did at UCD. I always thought it was my own fault though as when I started here I just went in for lectures and tutorials. Being on my own with three small kids I didnt get to know that many as didnt get involved with the social life. Basically I never engaged myself properly. However I read in a newspaper recently that out of the 44,000 students starting at Cph Uni this year 11,000 will drop out:0/ Thats mad but apparently too many go through the same shite and cant cope. I dont think the Uni wants the responsibility, up to the individual student to know all the info as you say. Still theyre getting paid to do a job and workplaces would fall apart if bosses didnt have more structure and werent on their employees backs. Adult responsibility doesnt cut it as an excuse.

Eleven thousand?! That's crazy! Unis seem to rely on their extra-curricular activities to draw in the students nowadays, not the quality of their courses or the support you receive. That comes second, apparently. My undergraduate tutor didn't even know my name until the final year!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 1:15 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
It doesn't seem like Travis themselves are too bothered about promoting their singles lately, they seem to be happy with their fanbase as it is, so why should the radios bother?

they seem to concentrate more on the US and South America these days... given up on the UK? seems madness to me *shrug*

It's a shame, coz there's loadsa people in the UK who just think travis are a bunch of pussies. I'd be wanting to prove them otherwise!

well, they did in spring... but I thought they would be back doing Britain in November...nope ... unless they got some Xmas gigs planned :)

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 1:33 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:

Eleven thousand?! That's crazy! Unis seem to rely on their extra-curricular activities to draw in the students nowadays, not the quality of their courses or the support you receive. That comes second, apparently. My undergraduate tutor didn't even know my name until the final year!

Yup, the tutorial I had to sit in on recently was actually great cos the lecturer was saying same stuff about Uni. He made some very valid points and I felt like there was hope for me. Its so easy to feel you dont belong in that academic world esp with most of the 'out of touch'lecturers and snobbery from so many students. But Unis will continue to flourish the way they want cos they get money. Anyway I gotta go now and do some stuff before heading out to dinner tonight.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 1:44 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

well, they did in spring... but I thought they would be back doing Britain in November...nope ... unless they got some Xmas gigs planned :)

Oh god, if they tour at Xmas I might have to miss it, already got so much on and 4 exams in january =( Booooo.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
[
Oh god, if they tour at Xmas I might have to miss it, already got so much on and 4 exams in january =( Booooo. [/quote]

Actually I'd be surprised if they do anything after this massive touring they're doing till the end of November

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 12:35 PM